cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Spendable Funds" stopped working...

I have been using "spendable funds" for some time now.  Not sure if this feature is universal yet (may still be in beta mode).  It's a decent feature that allows a seller to use "processing funds" to buy things on eBay. 

However it just stopped working yesterday, and it doesn't show up as a payment option anymore.  I chatted with two reps about it, and of course they were no help.  One closed out the convo on me before we were done. 

Anybody else have this happen or have any insight?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You were in the test.  Your part of the test ended.  

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

The same has happened to me since last Wednesday. It says unavailable and Verify when I try to use my Spendable funds. Any solution?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hello,

Same thing here. Did you find a solution anywhere? Ebay live agent chat was no help at all. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Same here zero help from support 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I rarely get any real support from eBay's customer service.  They have promised me follow-up "within 72 hours" on multiple occasions on multiple issues and never any response.

Managed payments is still a borderline-criminal feature of eBay in general, but it does now seem to be working relative to my original  question.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

It's a bug currently causing issues. I have spoken with ebay about this and they confirmed its a site wide bug they are aware of and trying to fix. It wasn't a test or trial as others have said. That's completely false.  Just a bug. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

It's a site wide bug that they are trying to fix. I spoke with them on the phone a couple weeks ago and confirmed this. If you call customer service they will add you to the list of people they're actively working on getting it straight for until the bug is remedied. Again this was 2 weeks ago and I still can't spend my funds either. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Im sitting here wondering will it ever work. It never has let me use my funds to pay for anything. It’s about time they did this. I used to sell on just mecari for this reason. This feature has never ever worked for me. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

It was a test trial back in July. Now it's rolled out and it's a glitch or a bug in the system.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

eBay has never been able to get my spendable funds invitation to ever work correctly either. I called eBay and they say that I qualify and meet all the criteria. Then promise me to call back in 72 hours or less. “ They have never once called me back when they tell me that they will contact me back”. I have called on this matter several times without any luck. It really would be beneficial yet the company that created it, cannot even figure it out. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yup! Started happening today. Been using fine for months but now it won't let me. It lets me choose the amount but then after payment it doesn't go through and shows a red screen saying choose another payment option. 

Ebay has been getting worse lately. I dunno how much longer I can stay

Message 13 of 13
latest reply