cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout won't accept payment. Anyone have the same problem?

I have tried paying with 2 different cards from two different people, directly and with PayPal. Directly says there is no funds on it, which is not true, and PayPal says it can't process payment at this time.

Before you say it is the bank, I have tried a 3rd card from a different person, different account and a different bank, it won't accept payment either. What else can I do?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Do you have a shipping charge on your invoice?

Is your card a Visa or Mastercard?

Does the name on the card match your name?

Have you tried a difference browser?

If you're trying to pay using the app uninstall it and reinstall it and try to pay. 

If yes to everything then reach out  to a Specialized Payment agent. The link is in the pinned thread by elizabeth@ebay at the top of the page.

Best of luck.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Does your seller ship to Croatia? If not, and your primary shipping address is in Croatia, the seller may be blocking your payment. Sellers often block payments from users with a primary shipping address in a location the seller does not ship to.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Hi.
Yes the seller ships to my country. There is a shipping charge and VAT.
I have a Visa but I have also tried a Mastercard from another person and it is the same result.
I have asked the seller if he knows what the problem could be but he does not know either, said maybe bank but I don't see how. Only if whole country is blocked..

The names match yes, I have changed the name when I tried a card from others. I am using Firefox and have also tried MS Edge, it ended with the same result. Removed all add-ons and cache, everything.
I am using just a laptop and a browser, no other apps or phone.

Another person tried to buy it for me on their own laptop and different card different account and different bank with same result.. I am really puzzled. Yea.. thanks

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Yea I have checked.. I've also asked the seller what the problem could be but he does not know either..

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

eBay lets the seller know when its been paid.  That's  the extent of their involvement with payments. They don't receive any of your financial information or even know what method you paid. Contact an eBay "Specialized Payment agent." Let us know if they were helpful.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I see..

I read somewhere though they can choose which payment options they would accept, so I thought maybe a wrong option was listed or something..

Well, I have talked to someone in Customer service chat, they said they will send the problem to another team and will contact me in 48h via email.. as to whether they will be able to help, guess we'll see..

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@ardesvelkion 

Does the seller ship to Croatia? You may want to contact and find out. 

Good luck. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Sellers in Europe have different payment methods  like bank transfers are accepted there but the seller has to accept that method when they make a listing as it's an option if they will accept a bank transfer.

If a listing you looked at has Visa or Mastercard as an accepted payment method you should be able to pay that way. Hopefully eBay can fix it. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Hi, yes they do. Thanks.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I was ordering an item from China, so I don't know.. I hope so.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Well to sum it up, I was told it is a technical issue on the site and they're working on it.
That does not help me one bit though. Seems like a big problem if it is taking so long to repair.

They could at least issue an official notice on the site or something. In the meantime, it does not work.
There is no timeframe when it is going to be repaired. Maybe never. Guess there is nothing for me here to do.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I was told it is a technical issue on the site and they're working on it.
That does not help me one bit though. Seems like a big problem if it is taking so long to repair.

It may be a problem related to your location, or the seller's location (or both). The problem may not affect very many users -- which may not be very helpful in your case, but may explain why it was not noticed sooner or why it may be harder to fix.

Some possible things to try:

Try making the purchase or paying while signed in to ebay.ie instead of ebay.com. That may help if there is a site issue related to ebay.com specifically.

Or if you have not committed to the purchase yet, try making the purchase as a guest. That may help if the issue is related to your specific account.

Try finding another seller with the same part to purchase, if possible, and see if that works any better.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi.
From what I could gather they were aware of the problem before I reported it.. so I don't know how long it has been like this.

Yes it is possible only some users are affected, but I was not given the information as to how many. If it is a priority issue I doubt it is that small a number..

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have tried the ebay.ie site - same result.
Literally only 1 seller has the specific item I need..
But I did have a 2nd choice item which I would accept if mine is not available, so as per your suggestion I did try purchasing a similar item from another seller - though the seller is also from China - same result, checkout won't accept payment.

I have also tried paying as a guest - same result..
So it does seem like a specific payment processing issue to me..

Message 14 of 14
latest reply