cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offer wasn't auto paid despite the new ebay update

As the title says, I have require immediate payment always turned on, and I'm pretty sure I saw that ebay in the recent update rolled out the thing where buyers have to input a payment before sending an offer so it locks them into purchasing it if accepted. 

Long story short, I got an offer, sent a counter one, they sent one back and I accepted it, yet, I'm still waiting for payment 2 days later. I also read somewhere that sellers have to opt in for this but its automatically opted in for buyers? 

I'm not entirely sure how I was able to get an offer but somehow the buyer wasn't automatically charged after I accepted the offer, despite me having require immediate payments on and the new ebay features. Buyer is also located in Australia, no idea if that changes anything.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@fooly_cooly 

Go to your site preferences and then down to buyer requirements and make sure the last box on the page is checked. BIN is automatically done in the listing Best Offer needs to be checked in Buyer requirementsScreenshot 2024-04-15 143001.png

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

very odd but it seems as though that was already checked as well. So i still don't know how they were able to send me an offer and not immediately pay.

However you did help me a bunch because it also looks like a lot of the block buyer options were on, which didnt allow buyers to buy more than once from me in a 10 day period this entire time. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@fooly_cooly 

The only other explanation could be the buyers payment method didn't have enough room for the purchase. eBay just checks to make sure the payment method is active, not if it actually has the available credit for the payment.

Some buyers who don't like the upfront payment option before making best offers delete their card after making their offer. When that happens, the payment gets denied and then they are able to actually pay using whatever payment method they prefer, PayPal credit, PayPal pay in 4, Google Pay, Apple pay etc, none of which are available when using the Auto payment option.

They do this so they are not stuck having the Automatic payment come out of either their linked credit card or bank balance through PayPal.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

do you have any idea on how to leave a negative feedback? It looks like ebay only allows positive even though buyer hasn't paid in a week.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@fooly_cooly wrote:

do you have any idea on how to leave a negative feedback? It looks like ebay only allows positive even though buyer hasn't paid in a week.

@fooly_cooly 

Sellers can't leave negative feedback and also can't leave negative comments in a positive feedback. eBay will remove them and ding your account.

If the buyer hasn't paid after 4 days just go to the listing and open a Non Paying Bidder (NPR). By doing this they will receive a strike against their account and if they rack up to many strikes most sellers won't sell to them as they have their buyer requirements set to block buyers with 2 or more strikes in a 12 month period.

Unfortunately, that is about all you can do as a seller. eBay coddles bad buyers so sellers have to do what they can, within eBays rules, to make sure there is some punishment.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply