cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item sold, label printed, payment processing.

I sold an item, printed the label and I am ready to ship. When I clicked on the payment page it said the payment was processing. Do I wait until it is on hold to ship?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: item sold, label printed, payment processing.

@siradamvoorhees 

If the payment is still processing, that generally means that the payment had not processed...

When the payment has been received, eBay will notify you to ship.  DO NOT SHIP UNTIL EBAY HAS GIVEN YOU THE OKAY TO SHIP/SHIP BY (DATE).

This item is quite expensive.  Be sure to have insurance and signature confirmation of delivery, eBay expects that for items $750.00 or more.

Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

It sounds like you are in managed payments.  Yes, you can print your shipping label and go ahead and ship. 

For those who don't know, at the bottom of the shipping page, you can choose to have the funds taken out of PayPal or your pending payout.  This will remain the default until you change it.  No need to wait to ship.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@siradamvoorhees 

If the payment is still processing, that generally means that the payment had not processed...

When the payment has been received, eBay will notify you to ship.  DO NOT SHIP UNTIL EBAY HAS GIVEN YOU THE OKAY TO SHIP/SHIP BY (DATE).

This item is quite expensive.  Be sure to have insurance and signature confirmation of delivery, eBay expects that for items $750.00 or more.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Did you find the transaction under awaiting shipment?  If eBay says it is awaiting shipment , the buyer has paid.  If you are going off of an email alone, check eBay before shipping.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you, I think I might cancel the item due to the buyer being extremely rude and threatening to open up a case against me because I had not shipped it yet (this was at 1am) an hour after they "purchased" the item. The way they talk makes me think they are a scammer.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@siradamvoorhees wrote:

Thank you, I think I might cancel the item due to the buyer being extremely rude and threatening to open up a case against me because I had not shipped it yet (this was at 1am) an hour after they "purchased" the item. The way they talk makes me think they are a scammer.

That is a red flag to me.  The fact that he is trying to pressure you into shipping it out super duper fast...at 1AM before the PO is even open etc...makes me think that he's a scammer.  Even if he paid, he could always open a case after he gets the item and cause all kinds of headaches for you. 

If it were me, I would take the hit and cancel the transaction but remember if you do this, you will get hit with eBay's FVF which is 10% because you are the one initiating the cancel and not the buyer which is frowned upon by eBay.  10% of $1,200.00 is alot of money so this is something to think about.

BTW:  You will want to put this "buyer" on your blocked buyer's list:

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/BuyerBlock?

Given the nature of this person's behavior, I would keep a copy of their name & address on file just in case they try to purchase something else from you using another buyer ID or as an eBay guest.  If they do such a thing, it is a violation of eBay's buying policy...buyers are not supposed to try and circumvent a blocked buyer from trying to buy an item from a seller who has blocked them.

@siradamvoorhees 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Another thing in regards to a blocked buyer attempting to purchase items from you in the future...

In those cases, you CAN cancel a transaction and not get penalized because the buyer is not supposed to be purchasing things from you under a different ID.  In this type of case, you would cancel the transaction under "problem with buyer's address" because he is a blocked buyer.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thank you, I think I might cancel the item due to the buyer being extremely rude and threatening to open up a case against me because I had not shipped it yet (this was at 1am) an hour after they "purchased" the item. The way they talk makes me think they are a scammer.

To me this says extortion.  Why should he have to take the hit for that?  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

Thank you, I think I might cancel the item due to the buyer being extremely rude and threatening to open up a case against me because I had not shipped it yet (this was at 1am) an hour after they "purchased" the item. The way they talk makes me think they are a scammer.

To me this says extortion.  Why should he have to take the hit for that?  

I am not sure how eBay will take this cancellation request.  If eBay does not view it as extortion and just views it as a very eager buyer just wanting his item, then the FVF would still apply.

It would be nice to have a guaranteed clear view of what eBay would do in these circumstance but sometimes, I wonder.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Update:
Today eBay processed the payment and showed an available balance of 856. So I shipped it. To cancel the listing not only would it be bad for my account. I would be responsible for 244 in fees, negative feed back.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

DON"T SHIP until the payment is processed and you are notified the payment is on the way to your Bank. If the Credit Card Company disputes the charge (stolen or misused) your stuck holding the loss, not eBay. The length of payment processing is eBay problem's not the seller or Buyer's

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@mndbball wrote:

DON"T SHIP until the payment is processed and you are notified the payment is on the way to your Bank. If the Credit Card Company disputes the charge (stolen or misused) your stuck holding the loss, not eBay. The length of payment processing is eBay problem's not the seller or Buyer's

@mndbball 

I get it that this is your personal preference and you have every right to do that.  It will NOT however protect you from Chargebacks for Stolen or Misused credit cards, those claims don't typically get filed this quickly.

Each of us has the right to make this decision for whatever reasons each of us have.  There is no right or wrong way to do this.  

I've been in MP for awhile.  I've always shipped right away.  I've never had a payment go astray.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 12
latest reply