cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epic eBay failure - but they don't care

For those of you defending managed payments with any excuse you can think of...

Electronic payments should NEVER BE SLOWER THAN PHYSICAL DELIVERY

I still have electronic payments from Friday 9/4 "PROCESSING" although the items have been shipped and delivered with positive feedback.

It's 2020. There is NO REASON FOR ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS TO BE SLOWER THAN PHYSICAL DELIVERY.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Couldn't agree more

eBay managed Payments is broken

I have 2 items sold and completed but funds never sent to bank

Do not join. It's a mess. Spreadsheet is confusing. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

We were switched over in August. Since the change, we have not received one payout yet. It has been 18 days that over 500.00 has been sitting as "Available Funds", but we never get a payout. Customer service told us that there was a "bug" that they were working on, and it may take 48-72 hours to straighten out. It has been almost 3 weeks, and we have not seen a **bleep** dime.  Will this explanation work for all of our bill collectors? We have stopped listing items until we see at least one payment go through, and it is killing our small business. Our buyers have left feedback for the paid and shipped items weeks ago. Where is our money? Please explain how this is beneficial to us? Good luck to all who have had this "improved system" shoved down your throat. Peace!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This is disturbing.  They shifted us first of the month.  First there was an issue with our receiving account-the same one we used with PayPal for well over 10 years that we could not easily resolve without driving 500 miles to the nearest branch.  So, we set up a new commercial account with BOA yesterday, eBay shows the funds are being denied by BOA, yet accepted at the previous bank, though when I've talked to CSR's at both institutions, they show no attempt by eBay's clearing house to deposit to either account and BOA swears up and down there is no hold on depositing funds to our new account.  

I wish our current cash backlog was not so severe, at this point, eBay is currently into us for right at $10K (This time of year we do $40K+/month) and I've been told there's no "back door" or work around.  I honestly don't understand why eBay could not have used existing PP accounts as a depository account since they still have access to draw on it for shipping if a seller so wishes.

This isn't our hobby, this is our primary source of income and it's alarming there's no work around.  What is more alarming is that no one on the launch team seems to have thought it would have been a good idea to verify account compatibility PRIOR to shifting a seller over.  This was very poorly conceived roll-out apparently with little to no seller feedback which seems to be a more recurring theme with eBay over the last five years or so.

If extra long wait times for concierge service are any indication, I'd say there are plenty of people with the same problem.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Only if you have opted in - I did not. Nobody can force you to sign up for something you do not wish to. 

Good luck.

PW🐿

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The problem is they wouldn't let you list without signing up.  I got a big warning every time I listed until the final date.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply