cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay is the biggest scam here

One of my buyer  contacted me by message and wanted to return an item which she bought long time ago. I accepted her return. When item received, I found out I can't refund her from the initial transaction. I contacted ebay on 11th by phone, ebay agent asked me to refund buyer outside of ebay and keep the notes then call ebay to get the final value fee. So I did - however this time, ebay said, no, they can't find any record on 11th that the agent asked me to refund buyer by bank transfer, so they won't be able to give me back final value fee.

This is the biggest scam here on this planet. ebay.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: ebay is the biggest scam here

It's been so long that you can't issue a refund? If so, the option to 'Cancel' the sale might still be there... you'll get your FVFs refunded if you use that option.

Never mind... I see where you've already refunded somehow. Sorry this happened to you. C/S ain't all that helpful...

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I find it interesting, to say the least, for someone to call a company scammer when that person didn't follow the written policies in the first place. This platform offers a 30 day money back guarantee but not after that. You chose to still refund your buyer, which was probably a smart move on your part as they may return again. It was very kind of you to do so. You are obviously a good seller. However the policy on here is only 30 days so there is no obligation from eBay to refund your FVF's, so not really fair to now blame them. 

Moving forward if you really do need to contact eBay's customer service, you should use social media as those agents have access to your account and will give you a written response that you can use for follow up. Doubtful in this case they could have done anything different due to the time lapsed but for future reference, here are two different links. Best of luck to you.... 

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Your buyer requested a return which was evidently way past eBay's 30 day deadline.

You chose to refund the buyer.

So this would be eBay's fault and would mean that eBay is the "biggest scam"?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I personally wouldn't have issued a refund or allowed a return like that. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

They get 30 days max to return something. Under most situations someone asking for a return and refund way beyond a 30 day point in absolutely ridiculous. Nope I would not have refunded. Course, then they do a chargeback sometimes as well, then you do not get your stuff back nor the final value fee I think. JUST NUTS.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I love how when someone doesn't follow policy, it's someone else's fault.  

You could have said "I messed up and I'm upset about it", but nope, blame the guys who have everything in black and white, on a site you've been selling on for 10 years. 

YOU allowed the return after the 30 day return window.  

YOU refunded the buyer from funds unavailable through ebay

YOU ignored all the policies.

This is on YOU.   

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

guys, you missed some information i mentioned above, I called ebay first and asked for what should I do. They told me, take the return and refund the buyer outside of ebay, then take the bank notes and contact ebay again for FVF.

I followed exactly what they instructed me.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The real scam is Ebay calling it "Customer Service" when it issues so much bad advice according to so many posts on here

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The how in how and what you sell is what complicates matters.  You aren’t really coming in clean on this one.  Hard to blame eBay for getting this one wrong.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

that's not true, i know it's not able to refund on the transaction after 60 days, and this buyer requested a return more than 4 month. But i still want to provide a good customer service, in this way, i called ebay first to ask for their instructions - how to keep a good customer service to accept return and after that get my final value fee back because i am not able to have the option to refund buyer on the initial transaction.

So ebay instructed me to refund buyer by bank transfer and keep the notes call ebay after that, to get FVF.

i exactly followed their instructions. Now they said, sorry it's not gonna happen.

if that's not a scam, what else would be? I followed your instruction, and now you tell me it's not gonna happen? So why they didn't say this to me on my first call? They want seller to keep a good customer service to buyers, so they trick seller (or encourage seller to still refund after 60 days), they told me if i keep the bank notes, call ebay again to get the final value fee - but in fact they lied.

I am upset about this kind of behaviour.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply