cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay MANAGED PAYMENTS DEBITING MY BANK ACCOUNT

For Monthly subscriptions and other fees...I have -102.00 showing in my dashboard and an email stating that the fees will come out of my bank account, I had set it up SO I THOUGHT for the monthly subscriptions and stuff to be taken from a credit card so why is eBay going into the bank account that I use for my deposits??? 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: eBay MANAGED PAYMENTS DEBITING MY BANK ACCOUNT

I received the same email, seems for MP that will be the default going forward.  

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I received the same email, seems for MP that will be the default going forward.  

So is there a place to CHANGE the funding method to a credit card?  There have been some mixed messages concerning this, and payments_team@ebay  has been tagged in other threads with no response.  Perhaps your old selection for billing needs to selected again once your are inducted into MP?   There is a difference between DEFAULT and ONLY OPTION. 

@coastaltechsolution 

@geeky*plush 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

This is just another disaster in the making. I cringe every time ebay makes a change. I don't know who comes up with this stuff but it just adds to the confusion that is managed payments.  I received a payout this morning of $1.14 gee thanks

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Ughhh, that’s terrible! Luckily I have just enough in that bank account from a few sales from the last couple of weeks that I hadn’t touched 😞.. 

I was hoping to accumulate points and cash back on my credit card from my monthly invoice payments... way to go eBay 😠 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Exactly what I want to know too, so I can change it ASAP, all these changes are getting tiring! Selling on eBay used to be sooo much fun 😢 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

In MP above the available big blue banner there is (or should be) an option to pay now 

MP.png

If you click pay now it does give an option to add credit card, now if it works I do not know. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Ok, I will check it out when I get to my desktop.. I will probably wait to try to change it so to make sure they don’t get paid twice for this billing cycle....then that will be another problem....sighhhh

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@geeky*plush wrote:

For Monthly subscriptions and other fees...I have -102.00 showing in my dashboard and an email stating that the fees will come out of my bank account, I had set it up SO I THOUGHT for the monthly subscriptions and stuff to be taken from a credit card so why is eBay going into the bank account that I use for my deposits??? 

As far as I know there are two places you can check to see how payments to eBay for seller fees are set up. 

One is in your Seller Account: https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&MyeBay=&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSellerAccounts&ssPageN... 

The other is from the Payments tab in Seller Hub>Summary Settings:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/summary 

Please follow up, many of us are trying to figure out what is going on.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I was hoping to accumulate points and cash back on my credit card from my monthly invoice payments... way to go eBay

Well you can always try it as suggested by @coastaltechsolution  ???

It is my understanding that when the store fees hit, they will take available funds first.  Then if you still have a negative balance, your "chosen" funding source comes into play.  Is there any indication of a deadline when the negative balance must be paid BEFORE they tap the bank account? 

@geeky*plush 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Thank you!! I was able to locate it on my desktop & No payment source was listed, I guess it didn’t update when I switched over to managed payments, I just updated it now.. hopefully they won’t double dip 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@geeky*plush wrote:

Thank you!! I was able to locate it on my desktop & No payment source was listed, I guess it didn’t update when I switched over to managed payments, I just updated it now.. hopefully they won’t double dip 

Glad I could help and thank you for all of your responses.  They really do help those of us who have been in MP for a while (me since 2019) and will be dealing with this come the end of March when these changes are supposed to hit our accounts.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@luxgoods wrote:

This is just another disaster in the making.

Having the money taken from different source is certainly inconvenient, but I would stop short of calling it a "disaster".

@luxgoods wrote:

I received a payout this morning of $1.14 gee thanks

Are you alleging that amount is not correct, or just disappointed at your inability to make much money here?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I think they are forcing you to pay your fees using your bank account from what I've been reading. Ebay is too cheap to pay for the CC transaction.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Just for the record, having a paltry payout doesn't mean the seller isn't making money here. It's may just be disgust that they have hundreds in "pending" but they send such a sum, especially if a seller is using a bank account with transaction limits. 

They should have a minimum for payouts.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply