cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account hacking and unauthorized purchases

Hello everyone, I would like to know and advise me on how I should proceed, on Tuesday they hacked my eBay account until they skipped the two-step verification, and made 4 high-priced purchases from 4 different sellers, the strange thing about this is that no purchase reached my address to make the return, I made the report and cancellation request minutes after what happened, but no seller wanted to cancel these sales, no item arrived at my address and the truth is I feel like I was robbed, these thieves also edited the process shipping and they mark that they have already delivered the product, so it has been difficult for me to request a return and full refund of my money, do you know how I can operate?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: account hacking and unauthorized purchases

"... so it has been difficult for me to request a return and full refund of my money, do you know how I can operate?"

@gersocarmon_0 

Were the purchases made on a credit card? If so, and you've reported it, I'd do a chargeback with them.

Afterthought... if you can't find the items in your Purchase History, look here. Good luck. Get help if you bought as a guest | eBay

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I made it with a debit card, and a few days ago I made the dispute, but I don't know if eBay would authorize that chargeback.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have spoken to ebay and they told me that I was covered on the 4 purchases with ebay money back, but I don't know if they would help me in the whole aspect, they told me to wait until January 18,,,,  the thief sellers, what I have noticed is that although the package does not arrive, they, without me noticing, inform eBay that they have already delivered, and they rejected my formal refund.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@gersocarmon_0 wrote:

I have spoken to ebay and they told me that I was covered on the 4 purchases with ebay money back, but I don't know if they would help me in the whole aspect, they told me to wait until January 18,,,,  the thief sellers, what I have noticed is that although the package does not arrive, they, without me noticing, inform eBay that they have already delivered, and they rejected my formal refund.

@gersocarmon_0 

What in the world are you waiting for on January 18? If you've gone to your payment source, eBay is done with it.

Your posts are a bit confusing and I'm trying to wrap my mind around it. Sit tight for other posters with fresh eyes. 👀

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

report that my purchases were made during the invasion of my account by a hacker, and the sellers scammed me by pretending that they delivered the items and I do not have any

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

How do you know you cancelled "within minutes" of purchase? And who exactly was this? You state it as if we should know.  Also how did they bypass the 2 factor verification? 

" these thieves also edited the process shipping and they mark that they have already delivered the product"

Which thieves? you mean the sellers? They can't do that.  It will only be marked delivered, if delivered.

Wait, I read in another answer that you were saying YOU made the purchases? At least that's what it looked/sounded like.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

ok let me try that again because apparently you have a very tiny amount of time to edit, and I can't delete the other post- 

How do you know you cancelled "within minutes" of purchase? And who exactly was this? You state it as if we should know.  Also how did they bypass the 2 factor verification? 

" these thieves also edited the process shipping and they mark that they have already delivered the product"

Which thieves? you mean the sellers? They can't do that.  It will only be marked delivered, if delivered.

Wait, I read in another answer that you were saying YOU made the purchases? At least that's what it looked/sounded like. So if I have this right, YOU made 4 purchases and now don't want them so you contacted the sellers to cancel. They refused and sent them, but you are claiming not received, although tracking shows delivered to your address?   Maybe  they were delivered to a neighbor or  you were a victim or porch pirates?  Your post is a jumble of you accusing other people and saying you were hacked, when it looks like you bought these items yourself and now have buyers remorse.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply