cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payouts are temporarily on hold while we review some details. Please allow up to 5 days

eBay punishing sellers who have a bumper sales weekend?

I'm 2 transactions away from becoming a top rated seller. I have goods worth hundreds of pounds in transit to customers, I have nearly a grand in payment processing. All of my items are sent out recorded, I've got 100% positive feedback, followed every rule to the letter and give my customers a great experience with over £10,k in sales since Janurary.

I can only put it down to having a great sales weekeend, 3x my normal sales volume but still well under £600, when considering I've been selling the same product for 4 months without a single issue, from the same multiple item listing, it begs the question why eBay are shooting themselves and their sellers in the foot as a victim of a successful business.

In spite of the email from eBay saying that I can continue to list and sell as normal while the review is taking place, my best selling listings are no longer appearing in search.

I contacted ebay and initially was speaking to someone who “confused” my account with a different one and initially told me that my account was suspended, dumped numerous copy paste responses explaining that my money would be released in 70 days, there is nothing I can do about it, etc,  but then after pointing out to him that it’s not suspended, merely a payment hold, he explained his error and transferred me to someone else.

That next chat advisor basically re-iterated that my account isn’t suspended and the payment hold will be lifted by the end of the week. I explained that none of my listings are appearing in search even though the email from eBay said I can continue to sell as normal. That person didn’t know what was going on and passed me to a 3rd person who asked me to explain again what I had been talking to the first two about.

It's now quarter to 12 noon. I’ve spent the last 4 hours on this since eBay chat opened this morning.

I can not reiterate enough what an appalling substandard customer experience eBay are creating for their sellers. Punishing sellers because too many buyers have bought a product they’ve been selling 100’s of units of for 6 months is outrageous. I now have a week ahead of me of basically no sales whatsoever, the funds from the last 3 days are stuck until the end of this week too, and I’m supposed to believe this is for my protection.

Just what exactly does a seller need to do to not be treated like a criminal for achieving a successful small business? It’s as if they want to ruin their reputation and have no problems treating customers and sellers like something they picked up on their shoe.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Your payouts are temporarily on hold while we review some details. Please allow up to 5 days

Good morning-

Sorry for your situation.  I looked at your site and you're located in the UK.  I'm not sure what is required or what is grounds for restriction in the UK.

From reading your feedback, you've only been a seller for 4 months.  Ebay keeps an eye on new sellers when they first start out, especially when you are selling multiples of name brand items. That type of seller behavior will definitely set off some red flags.  The same applies here in the US.

My suggestion would be to tap into the community site in your country for more accurate replies and help:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/

Good luck with getting things resolved.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

PS Did Ebay ask you for receipts of the Microsoft Pens? That would be helpful.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

what @ckimodog said.....here in the states, the 'hold' you are experiencing would indicate that your proof or ownership for the "new" items you are selling is required (receipts or otherwise)

on a side note...I like your seller name @tek*tok 

very creative (surprised no one has tried to get you to change it due to copyright....LOL)

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

No, they've asked for nothing.

93 sold, of which 55 odd have left positive feedback, the rest have left no feedback.

I've had no returns, I've sent everything by recorded delivery, I make a note against the buyer's order with the serial number, I give the buyer the serial number at dispatch to deter fraudster, they all get next working day delivery with dispatch up to 4pm, no one has ever complained or expressed any dissatisfaction. 

Over the last few months eBay have gradually been increasing my selling allowance which is somewhere near £8k a month now, I need only two more transactions to become a top rated seller, they've previously asked and been given my ID proofs and address proofs twice, they've had well over £1000 in fees from me, and then out of the blue they put my payments on hold for 5 days.

It's like turning up for work on Monday and your boss telling you they don't need you this week and you won't be paid. How can any business be sustainable when the bank create a cash flow problem from nowhere?  In the UK right now we're in a cost of living crisis with inflation at 10% and the economy contracting. Everyone is trying to keep their heads above water.

In the mean time eBay has become a cowboy platform where they treat your money as if it is theirs. So much for supporting small businesses.

The only thing I will be doing this week now is moving my stock over to Amazon

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@tek*tok 

I have another link for your if this can help:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

I believe they are CS agents that actually work for Ebay and not overseas.  Those agents are contracted employees and know little if nothing about Ebay and how it operates.

See if they can help you getting your store back on track.

Again, I wish you well.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I feel your pain brother. I have over 3,000 $ on my account just sitting by there unable to be touched because of account by restriction and other dumb **bleep** and there customer service is horrible now that I’ve got the restrictions lifted my account is now in review for 5 days like what terrible company honestly don’t protect or help there sellers at all 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Did you get your money?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply