cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonderful news for us coin/bullion people (tell any buddies who already abandoned ship)

Sellers in the Coins & Paper Money and Bullion categories will be enabled for managed payments
Just got this email an hour ago, wanted to share with anyone who didn't receive it. 

Starting January 13, 2021, sellers in the Coins & Paper Money categories, including Bullion, will be notified to register or will be activated for managed payments if you’ve already pre-registered. Sellers that are already activated on managed payments may create listings in these categories beginning January 25. 
Learn more about managed payments.

Thank you for selling on eBay,

Your Selling Team

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Wonderful news for us coin/bullion people (tell any buddies who already abandoned ship)

It's January 26 and I still cannot list coins with my Managed Payments account...

Message 31 of 60
latest reply

Fellow sellers anything new from Ebay regarding bullion/coins in managed program ?

Message 32 of 60
latest reply

I SEE THE NEW UPDATE, BUT WHEN I TRY TO SELL A COIN, IT STILL SAYS I CANT.BECASUE OF MANAGED PAYMENTS. I DONT LIKE THIS MANAGED PAYMENTS AND I MAY HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. I USED TO USE PAYPAL AS A WAY TO PAY MY PAYBILL, AND NOW NO MONEY EVER HITS MY PAYPAL ACCOUT SO WHY HAVE IT. CAN I DROP OUT OF MANAGED PAYMENTS. 

Message 33 of 60
latest reply

Is there a special trick to this? I'm still getting:

"Unfortunately, you can't list this item. When eBay manages payments, there are restrictions on certain types of items that can be sold. See https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/managed-payments-restricted-items-policy?id=5009.{e72265-1166359x}"

Message 34 of 60
latest reply

Wont allow me to post or sell any coins. So i guess I wasnt included even though im already set up for managed payments 

Message 35 of 60
latest reply

@19_war_eagle_86 wrote:

Wont allow me to post or sell any coins. So i guess I wasnt included even though im already set up for managed payments 

Someone from the eBay Payments TEAM posted this announcement on Wednesday 01-27-21 stating that the emails and messages that they sent out to coin sellers was incorrect.

That update can be found pinned to the top of the Payments board.

The 01-27-21 Coin and Paper Money announcement/update can also be viewed here from this link.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Regarding-the-listing-of-Coins-Paper-Money-amp-Bullion/m-p/31...

payments_team@ebay

Regarding the listing of Coins, Paper Money & Bullion
01-27-2021 12:47:23 PM

You may have received an email stating that if you’re an existing managed payments seller you would be able to begin listing in coins, paper money and bullion categories beginning on January 25. This date was incorrect.

We’re bringing managed payments sellers into these categories in stages to ensure a smooth activation. This process will be between February 1 and March 9.

Thanks for your patience.

Message 36 of 60
latest reply

@irisheyes99 wrote:

Is there a special trick to this? I'm still getting:

"Unfortunately, you can't list this item. When eBay manages payments, there are restrictions on certain types of items that can be sold. See https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/managed-payments-restricted-items-policy?id=5009.{e72265-1166359x}"

See my post #36 for a detailed answer.

Message 37 of 60
latest reply

Thank you so much for that. But that is SHIH-HIH-HIH-TEEEEE.  So are they so incompetent that they can't even get the date right to announce a major change like this, or did they change their minds about the date and are too incompetent to give a heads up where anyone will actually see it?

Ebay is like the boyfriend/girlfriend you keep defending against all the haters, and yet they keep doing sh like THIS, making themselves increasingly hard to defend.  
To those I excited by starting this thread, I am deeply embarrassed and SORRY. 

Message 38 of 60
latest reply

Lol I wonder how many people are going to end up at the end of this thread today with some ASE burning a hole in their pockets.  Such incompetence.  I guess my LCS gets the pound of flesh this time.

Message 39 of 60
latest reply

It's February 1 and I still cannot list coins using my managed payment account.

Message 40 of 60
latest reply

I tend to agree with you on direct selling to coin shops. I used to sell a few coins here and there on eBay but as you say between the fees, insurance and shipping I come out better just dealing directly with the coin shops or listing on other local forums such as facebook marketplace. There is also less risk in selling direct and using local venues given the propensity for the gold and sliver to be a high target area for scammers.  It's pretty easy to sell gold and silver and there is no way to track or register stolen items. 

Message 41 of 60
latest reply

@digicraig wrote:

It's February 1 and I still cannot list coins using my managed payment account.

According to the announcement posted by eBay last week sellers will be phased in in stages SOMETIME? between February 01 and March 09. So while some sellers may get the ability to list coins and or paper money today, others may not get that privilege for 5 more weeks. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Regarding-the-listing-of-Coins-Paper-Money-amp-Bullion/m-p/31... 

Regarding the listing of Coins, Paper Money & Bullion
01-27-2021 12:47:23 PM

You may have received an email stating that if you’re an existing managed payments seller you would be able to begin listing in coins, paper money and bullion categories beginning on January 25. This date was incorrect.

We’re bringing managed payments sellers into these categories in stages to ensure a smooth activation. This process will be between February 1 and March 9.

Thanks for your patience.

Message 42 of 60
latest reply

Ugh, sorry.  Read the above replies.  They changed it!  

Message 43 of 60
latest reply

IKR!!!  Silver is rising BIG TIME, great time to sell, and if the Jan 26th date had been REAL then tons of sellers wouldn't be paralyzed to do that very thing right now!  I'm just glad I didn't take it as my cue to go ahead and sign up for MP.  The thing I'm seeing now is sign up by July "or else."  Fine with me, I'll wait til June 30th.  I see zero reason why I would regret waiting, only (numerous) reasons to regret doing it any sooner than absolutely required. 

Message 44 of 60
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Regarding-the-listing-of-Coins-Paper-Money-amp-Bullion/td-p/3...

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 45 of 60
latest reply