cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonderful news for us coin/bullion people (tell any buddies who already abandoned ship)

Sellers in the Coins & Paper Money and Bullion categories will be enabled for managed payments
Just got this email an hour ago, wanted to share with anyone who didn't receive it. 

Starting January 13, 2021, sellers in the Coins & Paper Money categories, including Bullion, will be notified to register or will be activated for managed payments if you’ve already pre-registered. Sellers that are already activated on managed payments may create listings in these categories beginning January 25. 
Learn more about managed payments.

Thank you for selling on eBay,

Your Selling Team

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wonderful news for us coin/bullion people (tell any buddies who already abandoned ship)

@19_war_eagle_86 wrote:

Wont allow me to post or sell any coins. So i guess I wasnt included even though im already set up for managed payments 

Someone from the eBay Payments TEAM posted this announcement on Wednesday 01-27-21 stating that the emails and messages that they sent out to coin sellers was incorrect.

That update can be found pinned to the top of the Payments board.

The 01-27-21 Coin and Paper Money announcement/update can also be viewed here from this link.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Regarding-the-listing-of-Coins-Paper-Money-amp-Bullion/m-p/31...

payments_team@ebay

Regarding the listing of Coins, Paper Money & Bullion
01-27-2021 12:47:23 PM

You may have received an email stating that if you’re an existing managed payments seller you would be able to begin listing in coins, paper money and bullion categories beginning on January 25. This date was incorrect.

We’re bringing managed payments sellers into these categories in stages to ensure a smooth activation. This process will be between February 1 and March 9.

Thanks for your patience.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 36 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

I sell mostly silver coins on my selling account but I don't see any change to their policy in the link you posted,  or any other link, or in the ebay updates?  For me, emails, that I didn't receive, don't count, I want it official! Until I do, I will carry on as usual.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/bg-p/Announcements

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/managed-payments-restricted-items-policy?id=5009

-------------
Posting ID
Message 2 of 60
latest reply

There's no change in policy for everyone still receiving payments via Paypal.  The change is regarding people who have switched (voluntarily or by force) to Managed Payments.  MP has a list of restricted items, and thus far it included coins and bullion, but this email is something we've been hoping for a long time, that they would be able to remove the categories from that list.  I am not yet on MP, so I've just continued selling coins and bullion like you, but I (and many others) dreaded the day Ebay forced us onto MP because the implication was that we would just have to give up selling coins on ebay.  Now we have nothing to worry about (unless you're of the "H no I don't want them to have my bank account number!" or whatever). 

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Now I can finally join up with MP. Going to open my new bank account this afternoon....

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

I just got the e-mail as well.  I've had conversations directly with ebay about why I directed all my stores to stop buying tools from ebay.  The losses to ebay have surpassed $80,000 to date.  

I am still on the fence about MP so I never signed up. 

I am off to the coin shop to sell a pile of silver.  No point in working ten times as hard to sell it here at a higher risk on ebay when they allow less than honest buyers to essentially steal from sellers on a daily basis.  I can sell my older collector coins from the 1700's and before on etsy.

It will be interesting to see what happens in nine days.

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

I must admit that since my primary biz checking is at a different bank than my linked PayPal account I wouldn't have to worry about ebay reaching into the real stash.  So if I want to continue selling occasional coins on ebay I suppose I should flip a coin on it.  

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

That is great news.  Thanks for sharing.

Message 7 of 60
latest reply

I sold a bundle of computer scrap in Bullion, just before I switched to Managed Payments.  Unlike many who are anxious to join, I absolutely love Managed Payments (so far).  Now that Bullion has returned, starting on the 25th, even better.  More computer scrap, more ching-ching.

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

I worked with a guy on a jobsite who came across a whole bunch of PC boards in a discard dumpster and asked the person running the job if they were trashing them.  He then asked if he could have them and they let him take them all.   He bought a new truck with the proceeds after selling them.   There was gold and silver on the boards.  Poor guy died a few years ago.  He was fun to be around and always made the day brighter.

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

Sellers in the Coins & Paper Money and Bullion categories will be enabled for managed payments
Just got this email an hour ago, wanted to share with anyone who didn't receive it. 

Starting January 13, 2021, sellers in the Coins & Paper Money categories, including Bullion, will be notified to register or will be activated for managed payments if you’ve already pre-registered. Sellers that are already activated on managed payments may create listings in these categories beginning January 25. 

Thank you for selling on eBay,

Your Selling Team

Anyone know what is going to happen with people selling trade tokens and medallions?

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

You may want to read that again. You will be required to register for Managed Payments, doesn't say when you will be switched, but I'm sure it will be shortly thereafter.

From what I can see, policy both before and after MP allows non-money such as  tokens and medallions to be sold at will as long as you use an appropriate ebay listing category. They are not affected by the present MP prohibition.

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

LOL, that's not the part I was rejoicing about.  Coins and bullion were on the list of items not permitted to list under MP, but now they are greenlighted.  

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

Yeah I'm not worried about MP for the reasons some people are.  I guess I'm slightly nervous about glitch delays to get paid that I hear sometimes happen, and the +/- 3 day delay will probably irk me when I make a big sale and really need the money, but my overall average revenue flow is regular enough that it will probably all come out in the wash.  I REALLY like how they go ahead and take the FVF's, so I won't have the big bill piling up each month.  

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

Have you had buyers "essentially steal" coins from you?  I know it's theoretically possible and I guess I'm kind of surprised I've had nothing of the sort happen to me, but I haven't.  I've sure had coin shops "essentially steal" them from me though, before I figured out how much more I could get for them here. 

Message 15 of 60
latest reply