cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't direct payments included for daily payouts? You are already charging me another fee!

GIVE ME MY MONEY! I have been using eBay for years and always liked the convenience of the service. Not any more. I haven't sold anything in the last couple of years, but after my most recent experience I wont be using the service again. What happened to Paypal? Now I have to use my bank account and only on your schedule? My most recent sale put the payment available for payout as today and now it says tomorrow? So I added a direct payout method, that will cost yet another fee, but you wont allow me to use that method while using daily payouts? So I change it to enable the feature and I still cant have my money till tomorrow. GIVE ME MY MONEY! This platform is garbage and I will no longer use it if this continues

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Why aren't direct payments included for daily payouts? You are already charging me another fee!

Payouts to your debit card

Sellers have the option, for a fee, to receive payouts to a verified Visa or Mastercard debit card. To set up your debit card for payouts, sign into My eBay or Seller Hub and follow the instructions on the banner. eBay will ask you to verify your debit card either by uploading a bank statement associated with your debit card, or by using micro-charges (small charges).

If using micro-charges, we'll initiate two micro-charges of less than $1 to your debit card. Once they’ve reached your bank account, sign into My eBay or Seller Hub and follow the instructions on the banner to confirm the amounts. Once verification is complete, any micro-charges will be refunded to your debit card.

I don't use that feature I have muy payout scheduled to be sent to my checking account DAILY with no fees charged. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@whugga! 

You're blaming ebay for your choice of how you want to receive your Payout?

You opted to use Payouts on Demand,  so yes you will be charged a fee for it 

ETA :When you change you payout method it takes up to 48 hours for the payment processor to update the system. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What I am saying is, I selected direct payment, which includes a fee, but I cant use it if I have payouts set to Daily. After changing to Payouts on Tuesday, I STILL CANT USE DIRECT PAYOUT TILL  11PM EST.
What I said was, I agreed to the fee, GIVE ME MY MONEY.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

that would be great if thats what I was dealing with. Auction ended yesterday, money not available till today, now it's not available till tomorrow, so I signed up for direct pay which does not work with daily payouts and still cant have my money till 11pm tonight. thats the problem. I can read, I know what the options are, but they are limiting and inaccurate. Glad it works for you though

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@whugga! wrote:

that would be great if thats what I was dealing with. Auction ended yesterday, money not available till today, now it's not available till tomorrow, so I signed up for direct pay which does not work with daily payouts and still cant have my money till 11pm tonight. thats the problem. I can read, I know what the options are, but they are limiting and inaccurate. Glad it works for you though

Did you read the part where they can hold the funds for 30 days?

Just leave payout set to daily and when the hold is released, the funds will be sent to your checking account.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@whugga! wrote:

What I am saying is, I selected direct payment, which includes a fee, but I cant use it if I have payouts set to Daily. After changing to Payouts on Tuesday, I STILL CANT USE DIRECT PAYOUT TILL  11PM EST.
What I said was, I agreed to the fee, GIVE ME MY MONEY. Read the whole message for context. So thanks for being condescending while also being wrong 

That is correct, you can use one or the other NOT both.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You haven't sold in two years, therefore your payout is subject to payment holds of 14-30 days. I'm very surprised the payout will be paid out as usual, especially since you sold an item in a high risk category.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Shouting at us will solve nothing. We are regular folks like you.  We sell too and we know the policy.  Sit down because there is a chance that ebay will hold the money up to 30 days if you have not sold in a while and the item is pricey or high risk.   There is nothing that we can do but tell you to wait patiently. I know you don't want to hear that.  You haven't sold much.  Ebay will continue to hold you money even if you signed up to get your money faster for a fee.  This hold is to make sure that you are not a scammer.  Ebay wants to allow time for the buyer to receive the item and make sure it is what you stated and not a stolen phone or counterfeit pricey item.  These holds are to make Ebay safer.  Too many scammers in the past.  Now ebay has your money and incase they have to refund, the money is in their hands, not yours.

So sit tight and relax. If you want to continue selling on ebay, start listing more items, take nice photos, write accurate descriptions and ship fast. Eventually, ebay will see that you are trustworthy seller.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply