cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't We Use Pending Funds For Purchases?

To make it even worse now if a buyer takes up to 4 days to pay and pays on a Friday, you may not see payment for up to 10 or more days. Any item you want to get will most likely be long gone by then if you sell something to get something. This is absolutely ludicrous. Why can't we use pending funds as payment since we can use it for shipping? eBay has gone downhill drastically every year but this is by far the worst thing they ever did.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Why Can't We Use Pending Funds For Purchases?

Yeah that is what I thought, makes too much sense. eBay has become nothing more than a two-bit scammer for buyers and themselves.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hmmm, I have my settings to payout once a week, which is Tuesday. When a buyer pays me on Friday, or the weekend, I get those payments deposited the following Tuesday, not 10 or more days later as you state. There are only two options, daily payouts or weekly payouts. I'm not finding the 10 or more days payout....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@lamber9347 wrote:

Hmmm, I have my settings to payout once a week, which is Tuesday. When a buyer pays me on Friday, or the weekend, I get those payments deposited the following Tuesday, not 10 or more days later as you state. There are only two options, daily payouts or weekly payouts. I'm not finding the 10 or more days payout....

@lamber9347 

The OP is adding in the 4 days it takes for a buyer to pay them in the first place!?!?!?!?  I tried to explain that has nothing to do with the MP process on another thread of theirs, but it didn't go well.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Funny also how a few idiots talk about Walmart having to wait 3-7 days for payment. Walmart has billions of dollars small and casual sellers do not so this is a stupid comparison. Funny how eBay can't process or send payments on weekends yet every other transaction from my bank shows up same day I make it. Yet eBay can send small micro amounts on the weekend when I confirmed my account. eBay is nothing more than a two-bit scam artist now trying to delay payments as long as possible to collect interest. Imagine on payday your job tells you that you will get paid in 6-10 days. If you don't quit you are an idiot. So tired of these few puppets in here defending eBay's horrible changes that only benefit them and buyers, and this is why eBay keeps abusing sellers as they are too cowardice to speak up.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Oh and eBay gets paid immediately from your sale in fees, weekend or not. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You are putting the same posts on a few threads.  I responded to this on a different thread that you posted this on.  You are assuming this to be the case and it isn't possible since the money hasn't cleared yet.  Once the funds clear Ebay will fund those fees they informed the seller about and they will fund the sale tax that they have to process too.

There is nothing in MP that says Ebay is "paid" immediately.  You are assuming that.  MP is just telling us how much we owe Ebay in fees.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Looks like eBay took my advice and changed it so that you can now spend pending funds, so yeah it is possible just like I knew it was. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@sirbrad4 wrote:

Looks like eBay took my advice and changed it so that you can now spend pending funds, so yeah it is possible just like I knew it was. 

Lots of sellers were asking for this function.  There are lots of positive changes to MP in our future.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply