cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Payouts & Monday Holidays: Memorial Day is looming, to be stiffed again? Drum roll please!

Managed Payments - Weekly Payouts

I have enjoyed 6 consecutive weeks where MP has paid out all of my Weekend Sales on the Tuesday payout ... which is really a Monday night tabulation for payout Tuesday.  This is by design of course so for the minimum of 6 Monday Holidays per year they can withhold ("getting stiff" I like to call it) Weekly Payout money from Sellers.  This has been well documented and for those new to Managed Payments AND in case you are not aware of this, eBay REFUSES to let Sellers pick which day of the week they get their Weekly Payout.

So, here we are approaching another Monday Holiday weekend, I have been encouraged by their recent payout history on my account.  But in the back of my mind I am wondering if they will process payments for Tuesday like they have recently OR if they will not start shifting money from Processing to Available until AFTER the regular late Monday night tabulation ... drum roll please as we await the outcome ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Weekly Payouts & Monday Holidays: Memorial Day is looming, to be stiffed again? Drum roll p

Because of the holiday, my trash pick-up was delayed. For one day, not a whole week. 

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Re: Weekly Payouts & Monday Holidays: Memorial Day is looming, to be stiffed again? Drum roll p

I vote we All take the summer off and get 🍻And🎉 and go 🎣 Let ebay worry about it😎

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

@2000joni wrote:

Because of the holiday, my trash pick-up was delayed. For one day, not a whole week. 

So next time change to a daily payout and get your payout on a one day delay (Wednesday), then switch back to weekly for regularly scheduled programming next week. This is only affecting sellers that voluntarily chose a weekly payout and there is a remedy for it that's within your control. It  only takes a few seconds to make the switch and an announcement was posted on Friday giving you ample time to make the switch.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@2000joni wrote:

Exactly ... the folks handling garbage get it, why can't eBay?!?

Regards,
Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Weekly payout on Tuesdays:  I am a little excited heading in to Monday Holiday number 5 on the year .... Labor Day September 6, 2021.  I noticed a couple of things leading up to this weekend:

1. No announcement that funds from sales over the weekend will be held for an additional week (or however they worded it the last two times).

2. This week my funds showed payed out on the Payments  tab in the morning BUT, did not get the eBay message that a Payout was sent until very late in the day

So, I am "hoping" that they will simply make the Tuesday payout later in the day allowing time for weekend sales to transition from Processing to Available and then pay it out ... I have seen funds from other Monday holiday weekends make that transition by the middle of the afternoon Tuesday on the East Coast.  So maybe they are going to get it right this time ... time will tell.

Regards,
Message 35 of 35
latest reply