cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to ship until I receive payment

I heard some people saying I shouldn't ship my items until I receive the payment because of ebay managed payments. Why? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@eipas0 

Some won't ship until the funds are in their checking account.

As long as the buyer has paid and Ebay says its time to ship, you can ship.

I ship the same or next day and never have any problems with the payment not going through.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@eipas0 

Some won't ship until the funds are in their checking account.

As long as the buyer has paid and Ebay says its time to ship, you can ship.

I ship the same or next day and never have any problems with the payment not going through.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You must ship within your stated handling timeframe. If you prefer to wait until you've received the payout for a transaction, set your handling time out as far as you think is necessary.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@eipas0 wrote:

I heard some people saying I shouldn't ship my items until I receive the payment because of ebay managed payments. Why? 

When asked "why" most people here will  say "because I don't want to" or "why should I". 

I have been in Managed Payments for 7 months on six selling accounts, and I ship the moment eBay puts the transaction into  "Awaiting Shipment" status. Not once have I failed to receive my available funds in my bank account in my next payout.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Shipping comes directly out of your pending transaction, therefore you are paid for shipping and you can ship right away. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Ok. So when ebay says 'Paid, ship now', I can?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yes.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

That is not true. I chose the option to pay for shipping out of my pending transaction and it still was removed from the bank balance I already had.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

How is shipping taken out of your pending transaction when you're not using the Ebay system to ship your item? I personally go to the Post office and pay for my own shipping label and postage that way, not through eBay...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

same here, I sold an item and my buyer and I both wanted to know about this because I don't have enough money in my account to pay for shipping until I receive the actual payment. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

When eBay says Awaiting Shipment your handling time begins. It's in the payflow and can't be reversed. You need to ship with tracking so you can prove you shipped by your handling time. Should a buyer file a not received case you need to show you shipped by your handling time and it was delivered by the expected delivery date.

If you make a label on eBay you can choose to have label paid by PayPal or by the buyer's funds in the process of being paid out.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@trihoro_0 

same here, I sold an item and my buyer and I both wanted to know about this because I don't have enough money in my account to pay for shipping until I receive the actual payment.

Does that mean you wouldn't have enough money to cover return shipping in the event your item was broken during transit? Make sure you have enough money before hand before you list things to sell. You wouldn't want to get an overdraft fee and make things even worse.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply