cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on a Payout...

I have been checking out every single minute for something I sold that was already delivered to the buyer safely to show up as funds in my eBay account so that I can withdraw them into my bank account. However,  when I go to my account page I do not see any sort of activity going on in my Payments tab. The help agent did say that it would take within 24 hours to process the funds; but I am getting worried that I won't be able to get my money. There is not even a Withdraw option to get the money into my account and I am on a weekly payout schedule but I need the money now. Is there anyone who can help me on this?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Waiting on a Payout...

Unless there is an exception made somehow.....you are probably subject to the 'normal' 30-day hold on your funds since you qualify as a "new" or "infrequent" seller....

The advice you received from CS

"...The help agent did say that it would take within 24 hours to process the funds; but I am getting worried that I won't be able to get my money..." 

was probably made without noticing your status as a new seller......

As long as you have signed up properly for Managed Payments you will eventually get your money, and as you sell more often, the delays/holds will become less frequent

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Waiting on a Payout...

You are a new seller, new sellers will have their payouts on hold for up to 30 days.

See Payment Holds

• New or infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices. This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 30 days, although sometimes it may be longer.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

Sorry, being a new seller, they might hold the funds for 30 days.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

Unless there is an exception made somehow.....you are probably subject to the 'normal' 30-day hold on your funds since you qualify as a "new" or "infrequent" seller....

The advice you received from CS

"...The help agent did say that it would take within 24 hours to process the funds; but I am getting worried that I won't be able to get my money..." 

was probably made without noticing your status as a new seller......

As long as you have signed up properly for Managed Payments you will eventually get your money, and as you sell more often, the delays/holds will become less frequent

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

How do I sign up for Managed Payments? I think I signed up for Weekly Payouts not too long ago; but I wanted to get an earlier payout from the product I sold already and has reached the buyer's address since yesterday.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

If you're on weekly payments, there's nothing you can do but wait until the hold is released and the funds are sent to your checking account.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

Does that mean I would have to wait for the next 24 hours for my funds to be released from holding and put into my bank account after every time something I sold to a buyer and it reaches them on delivery day and process the payout after that? Ok I can see that happening. Thank you.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

It says you registered in 2021...I am assuming you probably submitted your bank account for deposits when you registered as a seller for your payouts. 

It will say when you made the listing how you will be paid.

!ebay-payment-option.jpg

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

If they hold the funds for 30 days, it'll be around this time next month before they release the funds.

When the funds are released, they will be sent to your checking account on your next scheduled payout.

If you're on weekly, payouts are sent on Tuesdays and depending on your bank, the funds could be there the next day to 3 to 5 days.

With new sellers, they used to hold funds for 3 months and you had to have so many sales and a certain dollar amount of sales.

Once all three of those were met, they quit holding funds and what ever was avaliable, would be sent on your next payout.

When a buyer receives the item has no affect on when the payments are processed.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

Is that when I list something to sell for the first time? I don't think I noticed that when posting my unwanted items. But this looks like something you see on a computer. Where is this located?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

@kensgiftshop 

is giving you the right information...

that screenshot I posted is on the listing pahe (when you make the list or edit it)

if you looked closer, you would have seen what they are referring to.....

!ebay-aaaaaa.jpg

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Waiting on a Payout...

@masterknight274 

Looking at your sold listings I would imagine that the earliest you will receive any money from your 2 sales so far would be around May 15 since the items sold on April 15.

As a new or infrequent seller eBay can and will hold your money probably for at least 30 days. This happens to all new and infrequent sellers to protect eBay from having to pay out in case of any problems.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply