cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to buy (You need to resend your payment)

When I try to buy an item, I get this message: "You need to resend your payment. Sorry, your recent payment for the item(s) below did not go through. Please return to eBay to send your payment again."

I have tried multiple payment methods (Apple Pay, PayPal, Credit/debit) and they all have not worked for me. I have also asked a friend to try buying it and they have gotten the same error. Is there something wrong with eBay right now or the seller's end?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to buy (You need to resend your payment)

Then there is probably a issue with the check out. I only mentioned the possibility of a scam as you did not say how the message came and rather than wait to hear back from you I figured I would give you a word of caution. If the message had come through your email and you fallowed a link in the email you could have been misdirected to a site that looked like eBay and while you may have thought you were in the eBay cart completing check out you could have been else were giving others you payment info. Scammers these days are not just taking 1 payment. They will act like the payment did not go through and keep trying to get you to provide more credit cards debit cards or other payment sources. Then later you will find you have a large number of charges. I just wanted to mention this just in case. 

Perhaps try again later and try paying on a different device but it sounds like when you had a friend try that you ruled out a device or browser issue. If there is a problem in a day or so it will probably be fixed.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How did you get the message? was it through eBay messages or through email? Also if through email did it offer a link to go back and complete your payment? If there was a link did you use it to go back and pay? It is possible this was a phishing email and some type of a scam. Scammers will try to claim a payment failed and ask you for other payment types each time you give them a new card or payment type they keep asking for more payment sources saying there is a problem. I would check with each payment type you provided just to make sure no charges went through. 

Also go to your purchase history on eBay and see what if the purchase is there and what kind of status  is shown. Also if the payment failed I would think the item would stay in the cart. It is possible eBay had some issue but I think you would have seen the issue during check out. I am not saying for sure that something fishy is going on but cautioning you as I have never had eBay contact me to finish making a payment after I have paid and aspects of this does sound like a common scam. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The message was a few minutes after checkout. The message was from eBay and the order shows in my canceled orders page ("This order was not successful. Order cost has not been included in the total amount."). My bank history also shows a transaction and then a refund once the order got canceled. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Then there is probably a issue with the check out. I only mentioned the possibility of a scam as you did not say how the message came and rather than wait to hear back from you I figured I would give you a word of caution. If the message had come through your email and you fallowed a link in the email you could have been misdirected to a site that looked like eBay and while you may have thought you were in the eBay cart completing check out you could have been else were giving others you payment info. Scammers these days are not just taking 1 payment. They will act like the payment did not go through and keep trying to get you to provide more credit cards debit cards or other payment sources. Then later you will find you have a large number of charges. I just wanted to mention this just in case. 

Perhaps try again later and try paying on a different device but it sounds like when you had a friend try that you ruled out a device or browser issue. If there is a problem in a day or so it will probably be fixed.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Perhaps message the seller if they are a drop shipper they may have realized the item is out of stock and cancelled. If not a stock issue you could possible learn why it was canceled as it may not have been eBay but the seller.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I have same issue. How did u fix?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I got this same message several times after a seller accepted my offer on Aug. 3, but I got them BEFORE I even made the payment the next day on Aug. 4! Seems like the minute he accepted the offer, an eBay bot sent me multiple messages saying "problem, payment didn't go through, send it again". 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I bought an OSSA Exhaust Item No. 265196209971 with a VISA Card I need to re submit the payment, how do I do it/

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

What do I reply to?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply