cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a closed group. Ask to join this group.

I had to have ebay call me to ask to join. Then they sent me a link and I requested to join which is nonsense, it should be automatic. Now when I check it it just tells me I already asked to join this exclusive 'club' that doesn't respond to my request to join. I've been im MP on two accts for over a month now. I had even forgotten about this discussion group. Why is it such a secret society anyway? How do I get a response from them other than you have already requested to join?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: This is a closed group. Ask to join this group.

Perhaps ebay doesn't want people knowing all about it until they join - wouldn't want to scare them away, you know.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

Reminds me of a Woody Allen quote:

“I’d never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.”

I hope Woody gave due attribution to Groucho Marx.

When I got into the super secret squirrel managed payments group they gave me a secret handshake and I now have to wear a fez - I'm not understanding this at all.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

This isn’t my inquiry. I just wanted to join to ask a question.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

It took about 36 hours for me to be accepted into the MP discussion board.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Still have to wonder why it's not automatic like the Power Sellers board.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Update...still waiting.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I'm attempting to join and when I click the link, nothing happens ? ?  I wanted to ask a question of other sellers to see if they have ever had the same problem as I have with an item being removed and it shouldn't have been.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@jeanneresie wrote:

I'm attempting to join and when I click the link, nothing happens ? ?  I wanted to ask a question of other sellers to see if they have ever had the same problem as I have with an item being removed and it shouldn't have been.

If you can't get into the private MP board, you can start a thread here on the payment board and ask your questions.  Just be clear that you are asking about MP.  

The MP board is not a big deal at all.  It has nothing to do with transparency on Ebay's part at all since they don't participate on the board very much at all.  But you can get conversations going with sellers that are guaranteed to be part of MP.  Asking here it is a mixed bag. 

But I would encourage you not to wait and just start a thread here.  I'd be happy to help you in any way that I can and I know there are others that feel the same.

@jeanneresie 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 23 of 23
latest reply