cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding payment emails with ebay's managed payments

Is it true a sellers no longer gets an payment email on a sold item through ebay?? I get the sold email, but no email regarding payment. However, I do get notification of payment on my phone. Ebay's customer service told me you only get notification on mobile phones or go to your seller hub under Payments to view payment. I checked my preferences indication email notification is selected. So what happens if you don't have a phone?? Could someone please help with my question? Thank you.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Question regarding payment emails with ebay's managed payments

I get emails for when an item sells AND when it is paid for. Also get one when there is a payout. This is on a desktop, however.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for responding back with an answer. That only makes sense, these so called ebay customer service representatives have no idea what they are talking about. Guess I got to call back.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

So I called back at spoke to another ebay customer representative. He stating you only get one email stating the item sold. This email means it's be paid for too. So I'm asking if a few other sellers can confirm there's now only one email for both the sold and paid for. I like the way Paypal sends payment notifications, that's what I'm used to.

I wish I wasn't forced into using Ebay's managed payments. I've wasted so much time just trying to get signed up. Thanks for your time! 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I get a sold email.  I get no paid email.

My sellers hub shows if the item has been paid for by telling me to ship.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ok, I'm just used to Paypal sending payment notifications. I print that as a receipt for my records. Strange I get a message on my phone for sold items, and another message that payment has been received. Just adding another step to the process. Thanks for chiming in! 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@detroit_diecast_llc wrote:

So I called back at spoke to another ebay customer representative. He stating you only get one email stating the item sold. This email means it's be paid for too. So I'm asking if a few other sellers can confirm there's now only one email for both the sold and paid for. I like the way Paypal sends payment notifications, that's what I'm used to.

I wish I wasn't forced into using Ebay's managed payments. I've wasted so much time just trying to get signed up. Thanks for your time! 

That's not quite accurate, at least in my experience.

I only use my desktop.  I get an email when an item sellers.  That does NOT mean the item has been paid for and I do not get an email when the buyer pays.

However this isn't a problem for me because I actively use the Seller Hub.  Most times buyers pay when they purchase something from me.  But sometimes buyers purchase and then need an invoice for combine shipping or it is an international sale and they need to be invoiced with shipping.  But I easily see this in the SH.

If you aren't overly familiar with the Seller Hub.  It is easily customized.  You can move those boxes around so when you enter the SH you can see what is most important to you right away.

For example, I have mine set up with the first box is Listings.  The second is Orders, Third is Seller Level.  So that is the first row.  If you or anyone else needs more information on how to do this, just ask.  I'll find the links for you to help.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply