cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please fix Google Pay and Managed Payment Options Checkout

I've been an eBay customer and seller for 15+ years. The rollout of the new managed payments seems to be fairly half-baked, to be honest. Every single time (at least 3 purchases at this point) I try to use the Google Pay option my payment fails. I even get the email notification that my card has been charged when it has indeed not been charged. I then take that exact same card and enter it manually and suddenly everything works as expected.

I cannot imagine that I'm the only buyer experiencing this issue which means you're likely losing cash on sales because people are getting frustrated with this very poor payment experience.  My main question is when should we expect a resolution to this?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Please fix Google Pay and Managed Payment Options Checkout

maft
Pathfinder

I can't work out if this is an eBay issue or a GPay issue. WIth a different site I placed an order and used Google Pay - it came up with an error saying it hadn't worked. So I just entered the card details manually (same card as GPay) and that worked.

I then got a message from them saying that they had received a duplicate order and was it by mistake. So even though GPay had 'failed' the actual order had gone through. And the money for both payments has since been taken out of my bank account.

I have just bought a laptop for £400 on eBay and used gPay - it gave the same error. So I paid by card. The gPay payment showed in my bank account as pending (my banking app gives me a notification instantly on any purchase). The 2nd payment has yet to be processed.

I just hope that the first payment is returned swiftly as it's not linked to any purchase/item so in theory is money I have randomly decided to give to eBay...

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Please fix Google Pay and Managed Payment Options Checkout

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply