cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal "broken"?

Why Ebay?. Paypal is NOT broken, it works great for everyone.

Your (paypal)propaganda telling me how much money Ebay is helping me to save, one would have to be one sandwich short of the full picnic basket to believe that.

We have a saying in Australia, probably used elsewhere,

IF IT IS NOT BROKEN, DO NOT TRY AND FIX IT, CLOWN

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Paypal "broken"?

You might be willing to leave 1 - 2 BILLION Dollars in profits in PayPal's pocket.....eBay are not and I can't argue for a minute against their decision.

eBay isn't really saying much of "you'll save money" anymore. Under the original MP fee structure there was some savings, under the current fee structure it's pretty much a wash or slightly lower/higher thus eBay has moved on to "it's much more simple".

I do enjoy never having to log into PayPal on a daily basis or remembering to transfer my money out.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@samkellystudio wrote:

Why Ebay?

The answer is simple. 

One PayPal was sold, the 2.9% plus 30 cents of every transaction that used to appear on eBay's balance sheet evaporated. By starting their own payment service, eBay can recapture that revenue. 

eBay's gross merchandise volume in 2020 was $100 billion, so that 2.9% plus 30 cents amount to somewhere in the vicinity of $4 billion.

And for reference, eBay's net income for all of 2020 was $5.7 billion. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

"it's much more simple".

SIMPLE for who?, me, you, Ebay, Paypal. The process of Paypal usage within Ebay has not been SIMPLE for Ebay Sellers in Australia.

Keep it SIMPLE, If it is not broken, do not try and fix it.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

How is having to use a second website to be able to access the money from your sales on another website in any way "simple"?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

if i cannot use paypal on ebay i will be leaving after been with them since 2003 .

paypal is a great company and if i ever get a problem i can phone them and be

talking to a real friendly person within 5 min .

the other day i had a problem with ebay and after 35 min gave up as i could not 

find a phone number ( well found one there but its just a recorded message 

that just cuts you off after it has finished ) they make anything like that very hard 

to actually find .

with paypal you can get you money in your account instantly .

at first ebay used to charge a small fee for sellimg so ebay grew and as it

got bigger it upped there chages , then added them to postage as well ,

know they want the money you would give to paypal ....

last staw for me ......

hellow gumtree and other FREE sales sites ........

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@samkellystudio wrote:

Why Ebay?. Paypal is NOT broken, it works great for everyone.

Your (paypal)propaganda telling me how much money Ebay is helping me to save, one would have to be one sandwich short of the full picnic basket to believe that.

We have a saying in Australia, probably used elsewhere,

IF IT IS NOT BROKEN, DO NOT TRY AND FIX IT, CLOWN

When did eBay say PayPal was "broken"?

They want the processing fees, it's as simple as that.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I am a seller and as I understand manage payments has 2 advantages for sellers over pay pal.

I am not suggesting that Pay opal provides poor service as this would not be true.

In Case of charge back eBays gets to know the information first hand from their manage payment partner  and this should result in better service for buyers and sellers. When Pay pal and eBay were forced to split / go their separate ways this link/ sharing of information was lost.

2nd advantage for sellers is that Pay pal stopped refunding sellers payment processing fees + $0.30 that they charged when refunds were issued and Manage payments returns all final value fees to it's sellers except $0.30.

I hope I am not one of those that is one sandwich short of the full picnic basket.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

eBay and Paypal could not come to a new agreement on a contract......pretty simple. Now get over it.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply