cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Cash debit card?

Does anyone know if the PayPal Cash debit card can be linked as a bank account and used with eBay, since the new system came to be? I think it's technically a Wells Fargo ran deal. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Paypal Cash debit card?

Unfortunately, it cannot.

Has to be a real checking account.  There are many Free online choices and most banks, with multiple ACH deposits per month have no charges for the checking account as well.

We opened a separate stand-alone one just for e-Bay.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Paypal Cash debit card?

Not exactly sure what you mean "linked to bank account"?  Are you a seller trying to enroll in Managed Payments?  You can only link "checking account" only.

To enroll in Managed Payments you must provide CHECKING ACCOUNT (routing# only) and SOCIAL SECURITY# (for tax purposes).   Name on checking account, social security card and your EBAY account must be EXACT MATCH.   No nicknames allowed.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Paypal Cash debit card?

@porklord66 

No, Pay Pal is not a bank.

It has to be a checking account through a bank.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Paypal Cash debit card?

@caldreamer wrote:

Not exactly sure what you mean "linked to bank account"?  Are you a seller trying to enroll in Managed Payments?  You can only link "checking account" only.

To enroll in Managed Payments you must provide CHECKING ACCOUNT (routing# only) and SOCIAL SECURITY# (for tax purposes).   Name on checking account, social security card and your EBAY account must be EXACT MATCH.   No nicknames allowed.

If it is a Debit Card, those only exist as a card that can pull off of a Bank Checking account.  That is All a DC is.  Just like you probably have a DC on your main personal checking account.  Personally I don't use a DC and won't.  The security for them is less than you have on a Credit Card plus it pull money immediately out of my checking account.  This is just a personal thing for me.  I just don't like them.

Ebay / MP will not allow these DC's to be tied to the MP account.  I'm not sure they have a legit reason for it as they do have bank routing numbers and an account number.  But the fact is Ebay/MP does not allow them.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 5
latest reply