cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payouts update alert?

I have not had any trouble with using direct deposit into my paypal account until today.

I signed in on eBay today and there is a message in red "Your payouts are on hold until you update your bank account. Please update by Oct 16, 2020 to avoid further restrictions  Update bank information " When I click to update I get this message ... 

"Update your bank details

We can’t verify the info you provided, please review.
We recommend linking your accounts via bank sign-in, so we can quickly verify this is a valid account. To do this, click on Change bank.
  • Otherwise, you could verify your bank account by uploading a bank document instead. The names on eBay and the bank document need to match."

All my deposits were going into my PayPal account with no trouble. My question is, is there a glitch and this message will go away or are there any documents I can upload to eBay so I can still have my deposits go into my PayPal or do I need to just deposit into my bank & transfer funds to PayPal? UGH all these extra steps

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Payouts update alert?

* My Post Keeps Disappearing not sure why?*

I am VERY sorry to hear that. Especially during these types. Like we don't need the extra stress and frustration. 

For anyone interested, I just got off the phone with eBay and it is official. They are not accepting ALL forms of checking accounts. They don't even have a list or a backup plan but for now all I know is that Fidelity Investments being a brokerage bank is not accepted. So I am kinda being forced to close my accounts on eBay all together as opening an extra checking account specific for eBay needs makes no business sense to me. I am sure sellers and eventually buyers will be looking at other places when they can't find their items on eBay.

They also tried to blame me for their shortcomings but when I brought up similar marketplaces having the same payment structure and having no issues with the type of checking account I have, they had nothing to say. 

Completely unprepared. That's why their lines are saturated with calls because many people are having the same issues and eBay is not being transparent about it. It should be as simple as make a list of accepted checking accounts and sending balances to PayPal for those who opt to close their accounts like me. They said they will send my last payout to PayPal before closing my account since they don't accept my checking account. I am waiting on that.

I'll keep everybody updated.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@evshop.nyc,

Fidelity Investments doesn't offer a checking account. If you search for "checking account" on their website, all you will find is links to other types of account that have "... the features of a traditional checking account, without a bank."

Just because they allow you to write checks on an account, doesn't make it a  checking account at a bank. For one thing, those accounts are not FDIC insured.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Like I've said multiple times, NOT ALL FORMS OF CHECKING ACCOUNTS are being accepted by eBay. Because Fidelity is a brokerage account, eBay won't accept those. 

I think it's important eBay makes that clear so people won't be wasting their time or ours. I have no issues moving away from eBay. Amazon and Facebook  don't have issues accepting my checking account type and I have been receiving payments without issues. So that's that.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Also please do your due research, Fidelity Cash Management is FDIC insured. Fidelity is one of the biggest investment companies for trading stocks, bonds, CDs, etc. 

Not sure where you are getting your information from... but anyone can literally Google and find out for themselves.

AGAIN, I have no issues moving away from eBay. I know circumstances are different for everybody so for some people opening an extra checking account with another bank may be reasonable. Not for me.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I have the same alert...however, my deposits go to my bank of America business checking account.  No matter what I do, I can't get rid of the alert.  It just keeps saying "We can't verify the info you provided, please review."

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

I am filing complaint BBB and maybe banking commission. 

This is fraud

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Time for a lawyer.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Class action lawsuit

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply