cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payouts restricted/ Can’t login

So I’ve had eBay account  for 20 years only recently converted it to business account. First question is does it seem like eBay pays closer attention to business accounts?

I have a return coming back and a fairly large refund I will be sending them, at this same time eBay locked out payouts, I’m guessing it’s possibly to cover the coming refund ? 
I would like to get into seller resolution page to find out but on iPhone app and laptop chrome browser it asks for password , but won’t move forward with the correct password or a texted code. It’s like it thinks for a second and then does nothing. Of course eBay help wasn’t much help. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Payouts restricted/ Can’t login

If you have a pending payment, yes... typically Ebay will hold that back to cover the refund. Do you mean you made your account a seller account?

Looks like you have been doing great the last few months with sales!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

When you converted to an eBay business account did you update to a business checking account?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No I’ve been selling a lot more for the last year and just converted to a business account.  Thanks !

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes I did change checking and eBay account. I’m mostly wondering if anyone else has had this issue not being able to “sign in” I’m signed in enough to be able todo everything else but when I try togo to seller resolution page it asks for pw again and won’t proceed forward.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Have you changed anything about your setup lately? New browser, or new privacy settings or software? Using a VPN or hotspot?

It appears you recently updated your user ID. Make absolutely sure you are using the correct username and password. Using the wrong password will cause you to keep getting challenged (though that is not the only reason for such challenges).

Try another browser altogether or a private or incognito browser window.

Preferably the latest version of a browser you have not used before, with default settings and no add-ons installed.

Or try signing in using the eBay app.

Try using a different link to reach your selling pages, particularly if you are using an old bookmark to sign in.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks ! I’ve tried through app on phone and browser on laptop. When I used correct password it doesn’t say “wrong password” it just thinks for a second and then nothing happens, same as using a texted code. If I put in a wrong password it will say it’s incorrect .

Message 7 of 7
latest reply