cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments on hold/ account restricted

I've been selling on eBay since about May of this year not too many issues only with them holding funds for so long Etc.

Never had an issue selling trading cards here and there a pair of boots whatever it may be. Brother passed away and I got his watch that our grandfather gave him 15 years ago. Not a watch guy and times is tough so I decided to sell it on eBay to have someone else enjoy it. That was a bad move my account is now restricted they're asking me for receipts on everything I sold on eBay and yes including trading cards that I've either traded with someone got free from someone found in a flea market Etc and because I can't produce a receipt for the watch also which was made in 1957 they're trying to hold my money for 6 months. The item was posted bought authenticated shipped and received by the buyer. In this world when someone sells something to another the objective is to receive payment from the buyer.

So not only am I a month behind on rent I was expecting the payout to use towards Christmas as well. So now eBay is trying to hold my money for 6 months while making interest off the $3,400 they are holding while how do I get **bleep**ed out of the deal? I will never use eBay again and I will continue to tell people how scandalous and fraudulent eBay is until the day I die this is a multi-million dollar company who decides to hold people's money for no reason.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Before the watch, you sold lower priced items.

Listing a $4000 watch threw up some red flags.

If you can't provide the information they ask for, not much you can do but wait until the funds are turned over to your states unclaimed property.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebay doesnt have your money, Adyen, the payment processor does. Its too bad you didnt read up on holds before you listed that expensive watch.If you cant supply receipts for your sold items, eventually your funds will be sent to your states unclaimed funds dept, so watch for that. But I am sorry for your troubles.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 3
latest reply