cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment to a bank account , JP** provided by the seller

I am the buyer.  the seller has provided a bank account for wire transfer only because the seller does not want to be charged back by the bank if payment by PayPal ( as usual payment method in ebay).  The payment link was provided through the ebay platform and there is a message “ the payment you have submitted will be hold by eBay platform until you have received the item” 

the price of the item is over USD5000 and I am not sure whether or not I should go ahead or cancel this purchase.

the following message appears on the payment notice provided by the seller

NOTE: This payment goes to a managed eBay bank account, we will hold the payment until you get the item ordered, then we pay the seller. Payment is 100% SECURE.
Once paid, please upload a proof of payment to the listing’s page using “Confirm Payment” button.

Any body has such experience ? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Payment to a bank account , JP** provided by the seller

You're considering sending a wire transfer instead of paying through eBay? Oh, my...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The information you've posted sounds like a common scam. 

Is the purchase for an item you found on another site? Is the seller claiming that ebay handles the funds and offers protection? 

Ebay never recommends (and in fact disallows) wire transfers. There's no protection and you're handing your money to a total stranger. (I know it's a fairly common practice in Europe but still dangerous and risky.)

Please give more information on what you're buying and where it's listed. DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

STOP this is a scam. Ebay does not allow sellers to accept wire transfers as payment

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Are you aware that you're about to violate eBay's rules, as well as attempt to deprive eBay of their final value fee on this sale?  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@ukcpdman 

I received your private message and see what happened. 

The person to whom you've communicated is a scammer. 

Although the listing you provided appears to be an ebay listing (from a legitimate seller), it is NOT. 

Instead of the URL being ebay.com, it's ebay DOT itms which is not ebay. 

Sheesh, if these crooks would only use their brains and skills on something good and honest.............

albertabrightalberta

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

NO....I would not do it.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@ukcpdman wrote:

the price of the item is over USD5000 and I am not sure whether or not I should go ahead or cancel this purchase.

Do NOT go through with the purchase! You'll lose your money. 

ETA: BTW, there's nothing to cancel because the listing wasn't on ebay, despite what it looked like. 

ETA #2: I'm curious, @ukcpdman . How did you find this listing? 

Just ignore the "seller."

albertabrightalberta

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If it makes any difference, the OP is in Hong Kong. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@4pawsup* wrote:

STOP this is a scam. Ebay does not allow sellers to accept wire transfers as payment

In some countries they do allow bank transfers.

Have a great day.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply