cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment on hold.

Wonderful. Being customer from 2007. Having 1586 positive feedbacks. Have done 4 sales with Managed Payments system. Now my 5th sale is on hold, because of "recent changes to laws about money laundering". So I cannot launder my 29eur, that is on hold. :))))))))) I have sent my ID copy, sent my bank account report, both TWICE. But this is not enough. Ebay wants me to call to US phone number to verify me. Phone number call is most trusted verification tool for Ebay on 21 century! Hilarious! Looks like I have to seriously ask myself, should I really buy and sell with Ebay?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Payment on hold.

I have been on eBay for 19 years- as a casual seller for most of them. About a years ago- I opened a store to expand selling products I design and manufacture.  I had no issues- selling about 15 pieces a month- price range $369 to $849- 100% positive feedback- shipping on time- rated as a "Top Seller."  I believe pretty profitable as eBay receives an average "fee" of $75/per transaction from each of my sales.

Went to managed payments in October- they were ridicules about requirements. My drivers license wasn't high enough resolution- so I redid it. My voided check was missing a small corner from tearing it out- so I redid it.

Then about the first of December- no change is sales patterns- as my product is not really a Christmas gift- they decided to stop paying me. First story- my customers had not received their product- yet all my tracking information was entered- only the last two pieces shipped had not arrived yet. So I copied all that information and sent it to them. Next I was told I had unanswered questions? Not true- I had responded to all of them with in a couple hours of receiving them. So I sent that information.

By the end of the month the amount owed to me - for product already delivered was almost $10k. Numerous phone calls later -  finally received a lump sum 2nd week of January.  But guess what- they were hold funds again- now telling me I have to use a different bank- set up a new account- as they (eBay) doesn't not see "eye to eye" with my bank. My bank ( Bank of America- had the account for 40 years since I was 18) is linked in the set-up-  It's not like is an on-line only bank- but the 5th largest in the world.

They're holding my money for 30+ days- then slowly doling it out- by the time it actually shows up in my account 36-37 days have passed.

I wish you luck- there are soooooo many stories of why they "can't" pay you- I could write a book.

They actually put this in writing- but have NEVER responded after several email replies.

ebay.png

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Payment on hold.

@drobowik wrote:

Wonderful. Being customer from 2007. Having 1586 positive feedbacks. Have done 4 sales with Managed Payments system. Now my 5th sale is on hold, because of "recent changes to laws about money laundering". So I cannot launder my 29eur, that is on hold. :))))))))) I have sent my ID copy, sent my bank account report, both TWICE. But this is not enough. Ebay wants me to call to US phone number to verify me. Phone number call is most trusted verification tool for Ebay on 21 century! Hilarious! Looks like I have to seriously ask myself, should I really buy and sell with Ebay?

@drobowik,

That's strange. It sounds as though eBay is considering you to be a USA seller, with tax obligations to the USA.

I see that your current registered address is in Estonia. By any chance, are you using a USA bank to receive payments, or did you have a USA registered address when you signed up for managed payments? Or any country other than your current country of Estonia?

I'm trying to ask questions to try to confirm or rule out some possibilities for what could be causing this issue for you.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Payment on hold.

Registered address is in Estonia, same one from the start. Also using Estonian bank account. From the last couple of messages from different client support people I got information, that probably Ebay finds some potential risk in my bank. Before joining with Managed Payments System I used Paypal, I had never ever any problem with it.  Now finally I could change the bank account, so will see, how it goes. Also called to previous bank client support, thet were very suprised and asked me to provide me the conversation copies with Ebay. Looks like they are very interested to find out, why Ebay found them to be risky. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Payment on hold.

OMG, that's totally crazy. I can even understand, Ebay don't trust some bank in other side of the world. But do not trust Bank of America, unbelievable. It obviously shows, that their Managed Payments system as a product is raw and do not working correctly.

And client support messages often making me angry, 85% of the content I get to know, how much they value me as a customer, how important I am as a long-time member and any other blaah blaah, then at the end I get maybe advice, what to do.  So typically you  need to be consistent and don't give up, then finally somewhere comes the solution. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply