cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal pay in 4 no longer on ebay?

Screenshot_20240418-103011.png

 Haven't been able to use it on eBay for over week now despite always paying on time and in full.  It still shows up on other shopping sites just not on ebay

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When I pay for my items and want to use Pay in 4 I click on Pay with PayPal in the eBay checkout, then click Pay with PayPal.

While in PayPal to complete the purchase I can select Pay in 4. 

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1613.jpeg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Why is PayPal pay in 4 not showing up?

If the offer does not show as a checkout option, there could be few different reasons such as the goods and/or services you are purchasing are not eligible for Pay in 4 or it may be due to changes in our eligibility criteria. The Pay in 4 checkout option will be displayed if it is available for you to apply.

I also read it cant be used when making a best offer.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Is that the same thing as Pay Pal Credit shown in your image?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

No PayPal credit is a separate thing from PayPal 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Well it was working on stuff in my cart before last week and now it isnt on those items.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

There is a "Pay Pal"  credit card and also "Pay Pal" credit which is credit for purchases only on eBay...not a credit card.

When paying for an item you will need to switch which payment you prefer to use.

You have to clink on the selected payment which you want to use.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

When I pay for my items and want to use Pay in 4 I click on Pay with PayPal in the eBay checkout, then click Pay with PayPal.

While in PayPal to complete the purchase I can select Pay in 4. 

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1613.jpeg

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I  use the paypal  pay in  4 payments   for my  ebay buying  when I spend  over  $100   .

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I did that last week but it didnt go to that it just made me pay pay in full with paypal i dunno why...

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

You have to change the payment when pay pal shows...click into another pay link.

It is rather strange and I notice it too...have to play around with what you can clink into...

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Well there was also what looked like a padlock on the paypal button when i pressed it and it just processed full amount instead of letting me choose what to do in Paypal any idea why that was?

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I guess this is the best answer i guess Ebay made this how i get to pay in 4 from now on and dont use Paypal if theres a padlock looking thing on the paypal button i guess that means it will just charge full amount from my paypal wish Ebay had given a heads up on that when i checked out last 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I noticed that lately when checking out on eBay using PayPal, I was no longer getting the option to choose a payment method through my PayPal wallet -- a default payment method was being chosen automatically. I was able to specify a different payment source in my PayPal account for future purchases under Manage Automatic Payments for eBay, but I lost the ability to pick the payment method on-the-fly when checking out.

I was able to get the option to choose payment through my PayPal wallet at eBay checkout back by deleting the PayPal entry from my eBay Payments page.

Now when checking out on eBay and choosing PayPal, I am sent to my PayPal wallet page where I can choose a payment method -- including the split payment or pay-in-4 options.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yeah i tested it out tonight apparently yeah it takes me to the wallet now and let me pick the option now dunno why eBay or PayPal didn't say anything used to be i had the pay in 4 option as a separate choice while still in ebay. Going to have to be careful my last purchase didn't take me to the Wallet it just flat out charged everything thru PayPal without letting me set to pay in 4 so dunno why its like that now 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

If it is not showing up at your Checkout screen, select PayPal and the next screen should show that option if you qualify. If it's not there at that point or is greyed out then you might have maxed out your usage or stopped meeting some other criteria. It works fine for me still.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply