cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online checking account compatible with Managed Payouts?

Hello, I'm an occasional seller and just trying to wrap my head around the Managed Payouts and bank account requirement. I already have an American Express credit card so I figured it would be easy enough to just open an Amex checking account and use that for payouts. (No way am I linking my main personal account.)

Long story short, I've spent a week going round and round with tech support at both Amex and eBay because it won't let me add my bank account as a payment method (can't verify). I've tried all the recommended fixes, add/remove middle initial etc. eBay keeps saying it should work and they are "escalating" the issue.

I'm worried that if I don't get this fixed I'll have payouts that I can't access. Honestly I'm surprised that eBay even lets you create listings without a payout method already set up. Can anyone suggest a [preferably free] online checking account that is *known* to work with Managed Payouts without a bunch of headaches?? I don't care about airline points, APR, rewards--just something that works!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Easiest to open another checking account at your current bank. 

I don't believe AMEX is a bank, therefore their checking account won't work. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Easiest to open another checking account at your current bank. 

I don't believe AMEX is a bank, therefore their checking account won't work. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

For what it's worth... I use my (decades old) personal account with Bank of America. No problems since Fall, 2018.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

PNC

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for everyone's replies. I never got anywhere with the Amex checking account despite multiple assurances from eBay that they would make it work. In the end I just opened a second account with my local bank, and it linked with no problem. Super easy--that's what I should have done in the first place.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Its mid 2024 and I'm also experiencing the same issue with my AMEX checking account. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply