cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting paid

I just sold a $2700 gold chain on eBay and was told yesterday that the funds would be released in 15 hours. That deadline came and went now PayPal is telling me that because I have a business account I need to deposit $2200 more to get my money. I don’t even have a business why would I  have a business account?.  I withdrew every single item i had on eBay I told them it sounded like Ive been scammed and I got no answer back now for several hours now after going back and forth.  Has anyone had a similar problem? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Not getting paid

I think you're involved in a scam.

eBay processes payments and the seller does not know what payment  method the buyer uses.

Scammers ask for your PayPal info so they can send you a fake payment receipt.

A seller would never have to deposit money in PayPal in order to get paid. 

I hope you haven't mailed that expensive item because I am sure you have not been paid. eBay would never tell a new seller of an expensive item that the payment will be released in 15 hrs. New sellers have their payments held until tracking proves delivered, or in the case of a sale over $1,000 the payment is held for 30 days.

I think a scam buyer is trying to trick you into shipping before getting paid. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Not getting paid

Your money is usually on hold due to not selling for quite a while.

Holding is at least 30+ days and maybe longer to selling something so expensive.

Don't know why you have contacted Pay Pal. EBay will be holding funds...not Pay Pal.

EBay is the one to contact.

This is not the place to sell something so expensive and expect the funds in a few days unless you sold every 

month something of value.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Not getting paid

@edwgawr_53 

Since you're on Managed Payments, Pay Pal has nothing to do with your payment.

If you were paid, the funds would be held for 30 days before Ebay releases them.

Not sure who you've been talking to, but don't think it's Ebay or Pay Pal?

Have you shipped it yet?

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Not getting paid

I definitely was following Instructions  from eBay along the way who told me that I was to send them a copy of the tracking number after I shipped it and they gave me their 100% guarantee everything was secure which I did and after the fact  PayPal got involved Instructed me that I needed to pay $2200 more to release my money because I had a business account. I asked if this  was a scam  and PayPal stopped emailing me back. I was under the assumption that the money would go directly into one of my bank accounts. I saved screenshots of all of the e mails just in case.  I’m hoping that as a new customer the money being over a certain amount is being held and it will be released shortly. I will be reaching out directly to EBAY customer service in the morning. Thank you for reaching out. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Not getting paid

PayPal reached out to me directly I did not contact them first. When the demanded more money to get my money I smelled a rat 🐀. I’ll be reaching out to eBay customer service in the morning . PayPal had all of my buyers info which leads me to believe he is somehow in this. His English wasn’t perfect which made me suspicious but eBay assured me everything was kosher 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Not getting paid

@edwgawr_53 

There is no reason to call eBay.

When you gave them your email address they were able to send you an email that looked like it was from PayPal. You have been scammed.

Of course the scammer isn’t going to admit to being a crook. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Not getting paid

You have been scammed. Paypal did not reach out to you. A scammer pretending to be paypal is who contacted you. Also, you probably were not corresponding with ebay either, the scammer was pretending to be ebay. If you have already shipped this item you need to contact the carrier you shipped through ASAP and recall that package. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Not getting paid

Recall your package ASAP — pay the fee to get your item back. 

You have been scammed. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Not getting paid

how come you did  not mention tiffany and co in the add

the chain is marked tiffany.....whats the deal with that

sounds like scammers targeting scammers if you ask me

@edwgawr_53 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 10 of 10