cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New method of payment is so slow for buyers

I sold an item on Jul 8, 2021 at 5:10pm PDT...Please refer to item number 154517519576. It was for very little money but that is not the point...Previously when paypal was the main method of payment, buyers were prompt with payment and sellers generally shipped out the same day ( providing it was not after 1.00pm on saturday and any time on sunday as post offices were closed. ) I personally would send items to buyers ( sometimes the same day as the auctions closure ) and as they paid promptly and i had no waiting period....Well it is no the 12th of July and i have just received a message from ebay saying that i have to wait another 3 days before it is cleared and available in the account.. That will make it the 15th July ( that the payment will be cleared ) and the item was won on the 8th July.... The buyer has had to wait a week for all that red tape to go through... This has all started since ebay insisted on the auctions being paid for via the sellers bank account a few weeks ago.  The item now will not go out until the thursday 15th July and that is an entire week after the buyer won the item. Oops, repeated myself...lol... Personally i do not think this is fair to any buyer and i believe paypal should be a method  for payment also.  I am mainly a seller but that is not thebottom.JPGside 3 adress cov.jpg point.... I like to ship all items before 12.00 midday so the items can be picked up by the carriers and possibly get received within the next 2 days by the purchaser. That is now an impossibility and i hope all sellers realize it. In some of my feedback i have been complimented on the method and speed that i ship to buyers. I hope all buyers realize that now it will no longer happen thanks to ebays rulings and new payment methods.

In general, most sellers are lazy but now i will have to message any buyer with pictures of the package so they know what to expect in the mail on the day it is shipped. This is simply so ebay and the buyer will have it on record and once i arrive home, i will have to scan the post office receipt as it will show the date sent... This may be a little much but there is no other way to show ebay it was shipped a week after the winning bid due to the slowness of the banking system. On top of that, what if the buyer is also a stamp collector??? I really disaprove on the sticky labels that the post office prints out and like to plaster stamps all over my packages.... I am showing an example of a couple of sides of a box i made up but have blocked out all adresses and information as it is against ebay laws to place them in here.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Buyer doesn't have to, nor should they, wait for anything. The moment item is sold and item is showed as 'orders ready to ship'; ship it. 

You can print and pay for shipping through ebay from Pending $ (bottom of shipping page)

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

Cool package. I have to use stamps for some shipments too. I source my stamps on the secondary market for around half of retail which allows me to use somewhat reasonable rates for tracked international letters. (still gotten complaints about high shipping costs though) Lowest price for tracked international letters is $26.50 here. Had i not been able to do that then i would not have customers for some of the items i sell.

Also, yes.. managed payments sucks.

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

...USPS has to cancel all the used stamps...they don't know and...sorry, don't care whom stamps collectors...they might stop postmark or any types of cancelling stamps the day their customers honestly stop re-using uncancelled stamps...

...buyers still have the option pf using PayPal as payment...sellers now have Manage Payment in processing money for sellers - the only choice...

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

@oz_in_ohio wrote:

This has all started since ebay insisted on the auctions being paid for via the sellers bank account a few weeks ago.

There is no such insistence. You don't have to front the money or wait for the buyer's payment to reach your bank before shipping. Just set your Shipping form to draw the postage from the buyer's pending funds. You will find the setting for that at the lower left corner of the Shipping form.

The funds themselves are not "pending;" it's the transfer to your bank that's pending. eBay already has the buyer's payment, which is why you can use a portion of it to purchase the shipping on-line.

You will make everyone's life easier (and yours a bit cheaper) if you simply print your shipping label through eBay. Tape it securely to the package around all four edges and drop it at the post office. The tracking number is automatically uploaded to eBay at the time you purchase the label on-line. You pay on-line postage rates that way, as opposed to paying full retail over the counter and having to remember to bring the receipt home.

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

@oz_in_ohio 

If you print your labels on eBay, they supposedly allow you to fund the payment for same with "available/processing" funds.  That works fine so long as you have available funds they can tap, and the choice of funding source (eBay or PayPal) is shown during the label printing flow.  Even if your funds are still processing,  they can be used so long as it says "OK" to ship.   I don't believe you can print labels with a ZERO balance as would be the case if your money has been sent to you, and there are no subsequent sales processing for you to use those funds. 

If your problem is related to NOT getting the OK to ship notice, that indeed is a different issue.  It used to take quite a few days, but has improved of late.  

If you buy postage at the USPS counter (not online) , you are still required to ship "within your handling time", but again only do that when you get the OK to ship designation.  Of course, you will then need to have the front money to use this method, or wait until you get a payout/deposit in your bank if you can't afford to ship without the funds arriving first. 

Some prefer to purchase postage online from another source that provides the same discounted rates as eBay.  You can use a 'cash back' credit card for additional savings.  Some can even be integrated with eBay to auto load your tracking number.  

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

In these recent years i have been buying older issue stamps at stamp shows and my customers love the assortment

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

What if i already have duplicates in my stamp collection that i dont need??? Cant i use them on my packages r do i have to spend more money?? After all i only need 1 stamp of an issue to fill the hole in my collection... Why spend more money when i have some of the stamps already???

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

@oz_in_ohio wrote:

Well it is no the 12th of July and i have just received a message from ebay saying that i have to wait another 3 days before it is cleared and available in the account.. That will make it the 15th July ( that the payment will be cleared ) and the item was won on the 8th July.... The buyer has had to wait a week for all that red tape to go through

Your buyers wait because you CHOOSE to make them wait.

I have had six selling accounts in MP since November, and I ship as soon as eBay says the item is awaiting shipment. In all that time, not a single payment has failed to be deposited in the designated payout.

The only thing stopping you from shipping on time is YOU.

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

Really neat idea, probably cumbersome in execution with the post office constraints.

Hope you take goodies to your postal clearks regularly!  Am betting they remember you!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 49
latest reply

Hi assortedcollectibles..... Have you ever thought of attending a stamp show or 2.... Some dealers have so much excess mint stamps in stock and simply want to offload them cheaper than face value... However sometimes it is better to buy them on ebay if you can get the older issues in mint sheets or blocks...The cheapest i have bought mint sheets for on ebay is 75%  but the sheets were split and the gum had been toned a bit. But they were good enough for packages.. In 1968 and 1970, there were large stamps of animals and space.... They take up so much room on the envelope and i buy them anywhere i see them.... Take a look at one side of the box i made up yesterday morning. The stamps are blue and silver in color. bottom.jpgfrom afar.jpgside 1.jpgI took 3 pictures for you of all sides but the adress as that is forbidden in ebay...l  am a stamp collector myself and i know when i receive a package smothered with stamps , i appreciate it...  Some are also in sheet form.... Just remember that originally they were bought from the post office so the post office has had their money whether it be this year or  25 years ago... I also get rid of my duplicates which is another reason i use stamps. I feel this is better than a pre printed sticky label that the post office prints out after having the package weighed.

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

I hope I never have to wait in line at the Post Office while the poor clerk adds up the total of the stamps plastered all over a box brought in by a thoughtful shipper. Then discovers they are $.05 short, & the shipper insists it is correct, count again.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 12 of 49
latest reply

I like to buy my stamps at stamp shows as i can get older issues and like to smother all my packages with them... Just like before, here is a package sent to brazil last week...he has not received it yet so thats the reason why i still have the picture...Once i get feedback from him, i then delete it... There are 2 sheets of stamps and about a dozen WW2 photos of tanks, cannons etc enclosed... The USPS priority mail envelope is such a great way to ship brittle items like these....Again all adress and zipcode information is oblitterated and only the country is showing. 123.jpgbryvgy pkg Name Blocked Rev.jpg

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

You wrote:

"This has all started since ebay insisted on the auctions being paid for via the sellers bank account a few weeks ago. "

Is ebay really making buyer pay for auctions out of their bank accounts? AND not accepting credit cards or "paypal or other payments for "auctions"? 

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

@sensualfriendz wrote:

You wrote:

"This has all started since ebay insisted on the auctions being paid for via the sellers bank account a few weeks ago. "

Is ebay really making buyer pay for auctions out of their bank accounts? AND not accepting credit cards or "paypal or other payments for "auctions"? 

@sensualfriendz@oz_in_ohio 

^^^ No. ^^^  Nor... "the auctions being paid for via the sellers  bank account" (as quoted), either.

Message 15 of 49
latest reply