cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My address got changed to my former address and no one can tell me why or refund me!

My Address was changed to my former address it’s been over 3 years since I lived there

So my address was changed in eBay’s system mysteriously and no one can tell me how it happened!!! First of all why in the hell would I want to ship my packages to an old address when, hellooooo, I DO NOT LIVE THERE?!?!? I was told by a eBay employee that they had a glitch in their system around the time back in April 2024 that all my items (about a week’s worth) went to my old adress! That employee said it was mostly Apple iPhone users! It all adds up to me but however eBay is arguing me that I changed my address!!! LOLOL it’s comical! Why would I do that!!?!? Been using eBay 13 years… 13 YEARS! 13 YEARS AND THEYRE ARGUING ME AND REFUSING TO PAY BACK MY MONEY SO IF YOU TRUST EBAY LIKE I HAVE ALL THESE YEARS PLEAASE BE CAREFUL AND RE-THINK your choices! They are thieves. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

My address got changed to my former address and no one can tell me why or refund me!

No matter you are shown the shipping address when you pay and at that time you have an opportunity to change it if it's  not your current address before you submit the payment. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Your "Ship-To address is right there on the checkout. If needed you can change it then, too. I understand how you could miss it, but it is staring you right in the face before you pay for your item.

Gotta ask...what are they not paying you back for? If your item was returned to sender, just file an INR with the seller...in 13 years you should know that.....if it was delivered to your 'old address' and accepted, (with your name on it) that may qualify for postal intervention

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

When you purchase an item and before you hit the submit payment button, you are shown the shipping address. If you didn't notice that it wasn't the correct current address, you had the opportunity to make a correction. 

If you didn't catch it, that's your error. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@monica-sells wrote:

Your "Ship-To address is right there on the checkout. If needed you can change it then, too. I understand how you could miss it, but it is staring you right in the face before you pay for your item.

Gotta ask...what are they not paying you back for? If your item was returned to sender, just file an INR with the seller...in 13 years you should know that.....

Although most of us who are honorable sellers would give the buyer a refund for an RTS item (less any unreimbursible fees), for a bad address/RTS, the seller isn't obligated to issue a refund at all. (I'm not advocating for sellers who would keep the item and the money but that's the facts.)

The buyer will lose INR. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I’ve been using eBay 13 years and never in my life have I checked my address bc I’ve never had my older addresses on file. It was their “glitch” that caused this! Now it’s past the return date in which I called the very first time I discovered what was really happening and saw my old address listed, and this customer service rep totally didn’t listen to me and created a return!! lol… I had nothing to return bc it was shipped to my former address

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Yes bc in thirteen YEARS of using eBay I check that each and every time bc their system glitch constantly changes my correct address to my former address? My former address wasn’t even listed in my profile before this

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yep! Just had this happen. I just bought stuff back in March and my address was my current address. Just bought 4 items for my son’s birthday and ended up at an address I used over 6 years ago! So, I know it’s their glitch when I just had shopped here fine recently. Thankfully I was able to call my old apartment from

then and they are holding my items for me, but some people are sadly not as lucky! 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

yes you’re lucky I was able to get most mine refunded except for this most expensive item, they won’t budge and insisting it was me and my fault it’s such bull**bleep** I’m going to shut this account down after 13 years **bleep** eBay 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply