cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments and PO Box Address

I've seen multiple posts where having a PO Box in your information is causing the problem. So I gotta ask:

Exactly what will that physical address be used for? I just looked at my information and under Registration address, email and phone number it says this is your main CONTACT address. So I ask again ... contact how? Are you going to come to my house to make sure I exist? Are you going to send me mail to this address (it won't get delivered)? Do you think this will be the address in my bank account statement (it won't)?  It will show on my driver's license because if they stop you and ask for your license they have to know where you live.

And while I was in my account settings looking at the various addresses you can have I did not see one single place where my birthdate was listed or even a place to put it. I did sign up in 1998 and I don't remember even being asked for my birthdate at that time.

So I ask again ... dear eBay Managed Payments team ... what exactly are you going to use that physical address for?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I believe what they are trying to do is verify that they have a physical address that is verifiable by the USPS. Saw something yesterday that a user finally got it to work by using the street address of their Post Office.  Here it is:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Managed-payment-amp-No-Fee-PO-Box/m-p/31540179

There is no one from the MP team here. Just other buyers and sellers like you. It's probably for tax purposes. Just a guess.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

There is no one from the MP team here. Just other buyers and sellers like you. It's probably for tax purposes. Just a guess.

Actually yes there is ... did you not see this announcement? https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Introductions-amp-How-We-Can-Help/m-p/31521465#M102734

And my question is a general question so if meets their criteria.

And as far as tax purposes, the IRS doesn't have my physical address either ... just my PO Box.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Did I ask a question that the Managed Payment team doesn't have an answer for? I thought my question was pretty generic ... if you want a physical address then what will it be used for. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be giving them something that will mess up the process even more.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Maybe a tag will help.
payments_team@ebay 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

I have the same question. I don't get USPS mail at my physical address, only UPS/FedEx.  I have to use a PO Box for USPS mail. 

I asked at the Post Office, and they had me use: 12345 Anywhere St.  #NUM,  City,  State,  Zip...where the  #NUM is the po box numbers.

Seems to work on all carriers so far, but would managed payments accept it?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Your new checking account will need to match the address with MP as well. Unless that changed too.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Hi @readabouthorses - we are required to gather a physical address for verification and security reasons (which is what we use it for). This does not need to be your shipping or return address, but the address you provide should match what's listed on your ID and on file with your bank. 

Thanks!

For account specific Payments support please request contact from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

payments_team@ebay wrote:

Hi @readabouthorses - we are required to gather a physical address for verification and security reasons (which is what we use it for). This does not need to be your shipping or return address, but the address you provide should match what's listed on your ID and on file with your bank. 

Thanks!

payments_team@ebay 

So you use the physical address for verification ... how would you be verifying that? By mail? By asking for a copy of a bank statement?

My ID (which would be my driver's license) would have my physical address but the name on my driver's license will NOT match the name on my eBay account OR the name on my checking account.

The address that would show on any bank statements I would be asked for would be my PO Box number since I get no mail whatsoever at my physical address.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

I'm trying to help my grandpa with this same problem for his eBay account. Hopefully, this gets answered. 

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I used my street address with #NUM, like I mentioned above and everything setup, a lot easier than I thought...Seems to be working well with the weekly payout too. 

I do notice though, that my money disappears for about 12 hours on Tuesday, before it shows up in my checking account Wednesday morning.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I been trying two days and finally realize my po is the issue i cant register...so does it force me to ship using my home address? 

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

No, your SHIP FROM address can be your POBox.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@krazzykats wrote:

I used my street address with #NUM, like I mentioned above and everything setup, a lot easier than I thought...Seems to be working well with the weekly payout too. 

I do notice though, that my money disappears for about 12 hours on Tuesday, before it shows up in my checking account Wednesday morning.

I wonder which zip code you would use when the zip code for your physical address is not the same as the zip code for your PO Box?

Why is this such a giant pain in the horse's behind for Managed Payments when it never was a problem with PayPal. I've changed my address in there multiple times since I joined PayPal in 2001 ... first one was a PO Box, then when I moved I changed to my physical address and then when the hurricane took out my rural mailbox I got another PO Box and changed it to a PO Box number again.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply