cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments - Where are the Income/Expense Reports?

This is a question about obtaining Income/Expense reports from Ebay for filing taxes, to balance with the Ebay 1099-K

Before I was “forced” over to Managed Payments, I was able to obtain reports from Paypal that easily defined my Gross Sales, and all line adjustments (returns, Paypal Fees, S&H Fees, etc).

I moved over to Managed Payments in August 2020. Since then, I am not able to make heads or tails out of any Ebay report. I need the same reports that Paypal provided: Gross Sales, total Fees Paid, total S&H costs, etc.

If I print an Invoice, it provides the fees, but oddly, the reports are mid-month to mid-month (the 15th to the 15th). Why aren’t these invoices/reports on a monthly basis? There is no way to obtain expenses on a monthly basis to determine net revenue.

After spending 40 min on the phone with an Ebay Rep, still no answers.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Managed Payments - Where are the Income/Expense Reports?

@house-to-home-designs wrote:

I did run the 4.5 YTD period.  Did you see my post above?  I don't know how you put your original question inside this message.  How do you do that?

I must have overlooked it, sorry.  The post I responded to said 1/30/21 [should be 31].  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 46 of 55
latest reply

How do I include a previous message inside a message?

Message 47 of 55
latest reply

You are helping!  You have guided me to a combination of reports and suggestions helping me to get "close" to the numbers I need.  I am a perfectionist...finding the 1 cent I'm off on my checkbook balance.  I can't stand that I'm unable to get balancing numbers with all of Ebay's reports.

I'm the same way.  Probably because when I worked outside the home I was a cost accountant.

I am very troubled that the reports to reconcile the 1099 don't match with the 1099.  That is just crazy.  

I have my own database on my sales and have had since I started this venture.  If it were me, I would me comparing that 1099K details to my own records to ID the exact transactions it is missing.  That would be a lot of work, but I'd break it down by month [ebay reports] and then off I'd go checking the two.

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

A couple things that you may like to know.  On my posts you, you may notice that just below where my feedback number and View Listings link is it says something like "in response to house-to-home-designs".  That happens when you respond to a posting using the REPLY button that appears on the lower right side of that posting.

When you go to the very bottom of the screen in that little box and reply, it will not refer to any specific posting.

Another thing to know about that In Response line, it is actually a link.  If you were to click on that it would take you to the post I was responding to.

Below is a picture of what I'm talking about above.

14.JPG

Now back to your original question as to how to quote directly another persons posting.  You need to reply to their post using the Reply button on the lower right of the box their post appears in.  

So click Reply, then the next thing you do is go to the toolbar, click on the " icon.  That quotes icon will paste the entire post into your posting.

Now when you start to type, make sure you get BELOW that light grey bar that will appear on the left side of your screen.  That light grey bar denotes that it is part of the other poster's posting.  So start your response below that.

Here is another picture.

15.JPG

FYI you may notice I use the dark mode.  I find it easier on my eyes, but it means I can't effectively highlight an area to draw your attention to it.  If I have been unclear, just let me know and I will try to do a better job for you.

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

I used to work in Accounts Payable/Receivables moons ago, so I'm very numbers oriented.  I was shocked at the miss-matched reports that Ebay provided.  Nothing makes sense. 

Message 50 of 55
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I did run the 4.5 YTD period.  Did you see my post above?  I don't know how you put your original question inside this message.  How do you do that?

I must have overlooked it, sorry.  The post I responded to said 1/30/21 [should be 31].  

I think I got it!  I am using the Quote function on this message because your other one contained images and didn't want to repost that.  I appreciate the Message 101 lesson!

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

I used to work in Accounts Payable/Receivables moons ago, so I'm very numbers oriented.  I was shocked at the miss-matched reports that Ebay provided.  Nothing makes sense. 

I'm not.  They have never had good reports.  Heck until recently you couldn't even go back more than 90 days.  They didn't change that until I think December 2020, it actually might of been January 2021.  I don't know how the sellers that were in MP in previous years every figured this stuff out.

The other thing I want to check out with you.  You are only using reports under the Payments tab, correct? You aren't venturing out to the reports available under the Orders tab, correct?  IDK if the reports would be different.  Who knows as these reports are pretty squirrelly.  

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

The other thing I want to check out with you.  You are only using reports under the Payments tab, correct? You aren't venturing out to the reports available under the Orders tab, correct?  IDK if the reports would be different.  Who knows as these reports are pretty squirrelly.  

I truly don't know how any other seller is preparing their taxes correctly with these incomplete reports.  Maybe that's it -- they're not. 

I don't see any available reports under the Orders tab, only in Payments.

Message 53 of 55
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I think I got it!  I am using the Quote function on this message because your other one contained images and didn't want to repost that.  I appreciate the Message 101 lesson!

Hurray EXCELLENT JOB!!  You are a quick learner!!!  😍

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

Oh there is.  You go under All Orders.  On the right side is a way to do a downloadable report.  I haven't looked at this for a long time.  It appears you can still only go back 90 days on this report.

Message 55 of 55
latest reply