cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments - Unable to Sign Up

Anyone have an issue where eBay asks you to sign up for managed payments, but when you do you get the message: "We will email and notify you in My Messages on eBay when you can register to have eBay manage your payments. eBay will require all sellers in the US to register for managed payments in 2021."

So I am unable to sign up, never received any eBay message or e-mail, and now eBay has banned my account because I didn't sign up. Even now I get that same message when I try to sign up. This is ridiculous, as I'm unable to post any new listings, as well as make any type of edits to existing listings.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Managed Payments - Unable to Sign Up

Your information says you are in Japan. As far as I can tell, Managed Payments hasn't been introduced to Japan yet. Did you get some sort of email or message that you needed to register for Managed Payments?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Only a warning that I needed to sign up. My account was created from the USA. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Just to give an update on this situation. After spending 2 hours on the phone total with eBay's security and management paymens department, being told my account was disabled due to fault of my own, no resolution has occurred. Ultimately the phone call was disconnected.

I was told to sign up for managed payments, informed them I cannot as it gives the message that I need to wait for a message to do so, then I was told well you will have to wait for the invite and then sign up to have your account unlocked. So now my account is locked for an unknown time, waiting for an invite email from eBay. Guess after 21 years of being with eBay it will come to an end once my current listings sell. (I'm unable to cancel due to the restrictions on my account)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

yes i got a message must join MP even i live in japan this is strange because japan is not into MP 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

yes same here my account was registred in the USA and i live in japan so MP is not working for japan 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply