cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments Financial Statements

How on earth is anyone actually able to use the jumbled financial statements for managed payments that eBay provides??  The ones we used to get from Paypal were easy to read and easy to use.  Our accountant is not happy with this garbage that eBay is providing (they don't need to see all of the customers information, nor the bulk of all of the other stuff in the spreadsheet) - they need to see the date, the type of transaction, and the amount.

Is there a way to get a nice, concise statement like the ones from Paypal??  If anyone has any ideas on this one, your input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Managed Payments Financial Statements

I would sure like to know the answer to this too.

Also, previously I was able to get a printout of the items sold. My invoice for March was BLANK and only said $66! I usually pay $300-$600 during off-peak months. Did they change something or screw up on my last invoice because how can I add up my cost of goods now? I will have to go through all my emails and fine the "sold" emails.

My next big financial question (and I should probably start my own thread) us- If eBay managed payments has USPS label deducted right out of my pending payouts--- Do I still deduct USPS costs at tax time? Because where the hell am I to find all those numbers? PayPal was MUCH easier to get that number.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I can't even get my new managed payment statements to pull up. Blank pages. This entire managed payments system was broken before they even forced it on us. Biggest disaster ever. But, as long as eBay gets their money, that is all that matters. Obviously.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@cbd-usa wrote:

I can't even get my new managed payment statements to pull up. Blank pages. This entire managed payments system was broken before they even forced it on us. Biggest disaster ever. But, as long as eBay gets their money, that is all that matters. Obviously.

The new sales report is actually not bad and won't be blank.

You can access it here:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/performance/sales

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I appreciate the reply but this was no help. I got another message from eBay this morning claiming my statement was ready to view. I tried to open it and got the same thing. Nothing. Blank pages. I never had any issues with viewing my monthly statements until they forced this new managed payment mess on me. Have a good one. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I find it confusing too. None of the numbers on the "Financial statements" correspond to the "Payout" amounts reflected on bank statements or anywhere else I can see.

Apparently sellers have to do a calculation for every sale to see if the payout amount is correct. In another thread, a seller (mtgraves) said she uses this to figure it out: "My Net = Item + s&h + taxes (where applicable)... x .883, less $.30/transaction. (My Fees = 11.7%).” Then there’s the shipping to factor in. I'm not a numbers person, so this is probably why it's confusing for me. Curious to hear what your accountant thinks of this.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  You receive an email stating $xx was submitted to your bank.  You think, well that's a really random amount.  You click on payouts, you choose one and then click on details.  Then you are presented with the most random list of unrelated item sales, fees, and postage label costs possible all grouped together.  How do you determine what you've been paid on each item and if you received that amount from Ebay?   I haven't even attempted to download documents yet as I feel I should be able to view the details of each transaction individually online. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Zombie post from 2021.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply