cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments Double Charged / Customer Service Useless

Has anyone else been double charged international shipping labels while using managed payments? I got charged twice, one in the invoice and the same thing in the Managed payment platform totaling $60 in fees for $37 worth of sales. Although I've paid the invoice the Managed Payment amount due will not change and still claims I owe them money (That will be taken from my BANK account!). The customer service reps are useless and won't do anything to fix the problem even though I've explained the situation and they understand it. If customer service won't help I'm considering filing an FTC false debt collection claim against the company once the false amount owed hits my bank. Anyone else having problems like this?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Managed Payments Double Charged / Customer Service Useless

I would also like to know about this, because I believe I have just been charged $13 twice for an eBay international label. I just paid for an 'invoice' that was showing in my managed payments section, thinking, oh this must be for the the $13 international label I created for a sale awhile back. So I paid it thinking that it must have to be paid separately from the rest of the managed payments or something, as they eBay international labels had always appeared under my fees before (the $13 invoice and payment is showing up under my old fees section, in fact).

But then I scrolled down through my list of managed payments sales and payouts only to see that $13 deduction as having been 'completed' days ago. After some irritating poking around through data and annoying math (eBay does NOT make the managed payment fees and ins and outs easy to keep track of AT ALL) I found that yes, that $13 was already accounted for in a deduction from a payout. THEY ARE SCAMMING ME.

What am I supposed to, just ignore the invoice version or what? Why does it show up in managed payments at all if it's already being taken care of? Why is it being charged as a fee still? Frustrating, confusing, and infuriating. 

And this is after they double charged me for a listing fee. I accidently went 1 listing over my free allotment (okay fine, whoops) but THEN when I went to edit that listing later, they charged it again?! I didn't bother to call in and fight over it because it was a small amount and was not worth the hassle, but I WILL be calling about this! What an aggravation and waste of my time that will be. It makes me wonder how many other things they've slipped by that I haven't caught.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Are you sure?  You actually see the amount coming from your MP account [Ebay does NOT fund a shipping label directly from your bank account, that option is NOT available] and you see it on your Monthly Seller Invoice.  Or are you saying you see it come out of your MP account twice?

Before you go the long drawn out process of trying to get a government agency involved which could take months and months and months to resolve.  Lets make sure you are looking at everything correctly.

What method of shipment are you doing?  Who is your carrier?  Are you using GSP?  Are you using SIS [standard International shipping]?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

They are double charging a lot of people for months now

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@jathibo-12 wrote:

They are double charging a lot of people for months now

@jathibo-12 

Please give some specifics so we can all better understand.  Simply the statement without anything else makes it hard to understand or learn what to look out for.  Please advise with more info.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I too was double charged by Ebay Managed Payments. I purchased an item costing $800 and to my surprise, $1600 was taken from my bank account. After spending over an hour calling eBay, PayPal and my bank, I learned eBay double charged my account in error and is in the process of returning the funds. Now I have to wait over a week to get my money back. The worst thing to happen to you Ebay is when they transitioned to managed payments. I’m not planning on using eBay’s service anymore. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply