cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Bank Account - IBAN not accepted

Hallo, 

I am trying to add my Bank account information to application: "Link a bank account" but after I enter IBAN number, it just show: Ending in 0000 (last 4 digits of my acount) and I am not able to continue the procedure... 

I tried several different options (with or without country code) but the result is the same. 

Need help or I will be forced to use ebay just as a buyer... after 15+ years...

Thanks form help! 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I don't know if this will help. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/which-IBAN-number-to-enter-for-payoneer-serbia/td-p/31928918

Are you trying to sign up for Payoneer or eBay Managed Payments?

I'm not sure you can direct register for MP from Slovenia.

You will probably have to register through Payoneer first.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I used PayPal till now. I have bank account in Slovenia with regular IBAN code... we use it in Europe everyday... Only problem is, that there is error after I put my IBAN into ebay system... the biggest problem is, that ebay do not give me any useful support! 😞 after almost 20 years of using it... 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Does Payoneer has IBAN? 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

IBAN should work... Try typing the numbers directly, don't paste from text
Also check date formats 

good luck

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Whatever I tried, I wasn't able to edit IBAN. Number is 100% correct.. I also tried with different IBAN/name of owner....

I only have few days more and no useful answer from Ebay... 

lepsoncendan_0-1623597285732.png

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Hi Lepsončendan,

I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm also located in Slovenia.

I have contacted eBay support three weeks ago on this matter (after trying different browsers, older version of browsers, different computer, different IBAN accounts etc,...) and they said they are aware of this bug and that they are working on it.

I don't have a Payoneer account so I couldn't try this. Surely eBay support would suggest Payoneer to me if this was a solution.

In the meantime I have missed two MP "deadlines" and they didn't freeze my account.

Best Regards,

Simon

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Lepsončendan, Getgui

Same by me. I guess SI56 is not valid IBAN for now. I got nothing from their support and for last few days I can't sell, relist, revise etc.

Lp, Luka

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

My tip? Don't bother. Since the new payment system, my debit card is no longer usable (yet they can use it perfectly fine for a test payment if I delete and re-enter my info), so I cannot buy anything. I entered my data for managed payments, and the system accepted everything, then a while later I get emails that my personal data is no longer valid and they cannot authenticate my IBAN. Basically my account is completely useless at this point. I generally don't even sell anything, but at this point, I half expect ebay to charge something onto my account randomly out of the blue... I am so peeved I'm considering closing my account and flipping the bird to the **bleep**s running this site. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Tried two different IBAN from accounts with two different banks. in Norway. It accepts the number, but after a few days it will ask for me to update the bank details again. It mentions SEPA, but I am not sure ebay actually does payments / bank checking from a SEPA country.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Tried to add my N26's IBAN from Germany, but no luck. Tested another bank account from Hungary, but still "something went wrong"! So, how I'm supposed to sell on eBay? 😡

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I wanted to point out that Slovenia is in the EU, so @lepsoncendan and other sellers in the EU won't be able to use Payoneer to receive funds from managed payments. They will have to provide a bank account, with an IBAN (International Bank Account Number). Payoneer is only used outside the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and EU (except for Iceland).

We don't use IBAN's in the USA, but here are some potential issues that have caused a lot of problems signing up for sellers in North America:

• the bank account you use has to be based in the same country where your registered address is located (IBAN's identify the country where the bank is located)
  • the name and address on your bank account has to exactly match the registered name and address on your eBay account - all names, middle initial (if used), street address, all have to be exactly the same. No spelling differences.
  • if you have a business eBay account, you have to use a business bank account, and if you have an individual/personal eBay account, you have to use a personal bank account
  • in the USA, the registered address on both the accounts has to be a physical street address, for where you live (or where your business is registered). You can't use a post office box address. I think this is because of USA law, so I don't know if this would be required in other countries or not.

This may not affect sellers in the EU but: 
Some sellers in other countries (using Payoneer) have reported that eBay was saying they had to use a business Payoneer account, even though they had tried to change their eBay account to an individual account. We're not sure why this was happening. Possibly, they had not successfully changed their eBay account type (in the UK, eBay policy explicitly states that a business account can't be downgraded to an individual account), or possibly their government may require that that only businesses can receive foreign currency. If it's a government requirement, you would have to check the laws in your own country. 

@vivienneandtamas, I think that an IBAN in Germany has to start with DE75. If it's the same as in North America, you may need to use a bank account in your own country.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Hi, same problem here, I live in Croatia. I've tried numerous time with various combinations of my IBAN and my bank account number (last ten digits of my IBAN), but while ebay would allow and accept the input of my IBAN on the initial "update your bank details screen" it would not recognise my bank account number in any format on the next one, always asking me to "enter the valid bank account number". 

I just managed to make it accept it somehow, I think I entered the IBAN on the initial screen with the spaces between each fourth humber in sequence and it accepted my IBAN as my bank account number on the second "enter bank account" screen. 

Always a problem with the ebay, I wasnt able to write down Zagreb (capital) as my residence town, even if it did offer me Croatia as my country in the previous step when I tried to update my address details, as ebay asked me a few months back. I just gave up. I use ebay to sell a few things from time to time, but it's just way to complicated now. 

I'll see how this update of bank details goes, if it's going to get accepted, otherwise I'll just use ebay for purchases. 

EDIT: 

You need to update your bank account information

Hi,

We couldn't verify the bank account information you provided.

You need to do this so you can receive payouts.

Rejected, as I suspected. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply