cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Managed Payments and Promoted Ad Fees Not Coming out of Pending Payments

I am having an issue with Managed Payments. A few times the Promoted Listing Ad fees have come out of pending payments but mostly they do not.  They are being invoiced. It is a pain because it seems ridiculous for Ebay to do it this way. It is counter productive and confusing! This is a book keeping nightmare! Does anyone have information on why the promoted listing fees do not come out of the pending payments like the shipping and other fees do? I have read every help article and have been unable to find the answer. I can understand the store fees and any special fees being invoiced, but it seems like the Promoted Listing Ad fee should come out immediately from the pending payments. A few times the Ad fees have been taken out from the pending payments, but now I am having to spend a lot more of my precious time going over things to make sure I am not being charged twice!! And for you "nay sayers" who say that that does not happen, please keep your comments to yourself. Numerous times I have gotten back credits after there has been an error. Thank you in advance for any wisdom you seasoned sellers have got to offer, I appreciate all the positive help I can get.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Issue with Managed Payments and Promoted Ad Fees Not Coming out of Pending Payments

Just got an email from Ebay yesterday.  They are making changes to managed payments and the invoices. Promoted listing will now come out of pending payments. The changes will take effect in March and April of 2021.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@danslay-0   I noticed too that PL fees were being invoiced and NOT simply coming out of the Pending funds but I understand why.  eBay gives Sellers $ 30 PER quarter credit for PL fees.  Prior to Managed Payments (and you probably know this) the cash flow was this way ... you paid ALL your PL fees on the invoice and then eBay credited you up to the $ 30 on the FOLLOWING invoice.

Applying that to MP it would make sense that they keep the PL fees on the invoice so the can apply the credit in the future.  I did some spot checking and it seems they are ONLY taking the normal fees out of the Pending funds / Payouts portion but PL fees get pushed to the invoice.

How did you determine they are taking some PL fees out of the Pending funds?  While it would not surprise me that MP is double dipping it would be good to have some accurate info to support that ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hello and thanks for the reply. I found some of them were coming out of pending when I went to Seller Hub, then Payments, then Summary and checked the transactions. I then cross referenced by going to Account Settings, Seller Account and then checked the Fees section.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Also they no longer give the Promoted Listing Credit unless you have an Anchor or Enterprise store....

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@danslay-0 wrote:

Also they no longer give the Promoted Listing Credit unless you have an Anchor or Enterprise store....

I am still getting the promoted listing fee credit.  I am TRS with a basic store.  I just checked and as far as I can tell the policy has not changed.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/promoted-listings.html#m22_tb_a1__4 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

To be eligible for the credits, you must:

• Be an Enterprise or Anchor Store subscriber or have Top Rated status to qualify for Promoted Listings credits (Top Rated Sellers are eligible to receive the credit as long as they maintain the status for at least one month during that quarter).
  • Have a valid eBay registration address in the US. Sellers using My eBay can verify their registration address at My eBay > My Account > Addresses > Registration address.
  • Launch a Promoted Listings campaign and sell item(s) through the Promoted Listings service.
  • Pay your monthly invoice after eBay bills you for items sold.
    • Note: When eBay is managing payments for your account, final value fees are automatically deducted from your earnings before you get paid out to your bank account. We have also started deducting other selling fees, including Promoted Listings fees, from earnings before payout for some sellers. We’ll be implementing this new process gradually in phases. You’ll receive a notice before we make this change to your account.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Just got an email from Ebay yesterday.  They are making changes to managed payments and the invoices. Promoted listing will now come out of pending payments. The changes will take effect in March and April of 2021.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Well, now eBay is debiting our bank account for Promotion fees (Ad fees) even before our buyers pay for the items.  And if our buyer will never pay, then what? eBay is not treating Ad fees the same way as Final value fees. Final value fees deducted upon payment from the buyer and then credited to our bank account. Ad fees are debited from our bank account now upon the sale, but before the payment from the buyer. It is not fair to sellers. How they could charge us for funds that we did not receive.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I am still having issues and a huge invoice each month! After calling Ebay, they suggested that I provide them with a list of the sales I have had issues with so they can investigate. I have to go back over the last 6 months and go through hundreds of orders. It is a bookkeeping nightmare.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I am TRS and have ad fees taken out immediately with managed payments, but no credits have been issued for January yet. How long does it take for the credit? 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I am not sure. I am still having issues myself. Hope they get all the bugs worked out of it soon!!!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply