cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like eBay to consider new options to our payouts

Request for eBay,

I would like an option to not have any time period on when automatic payments are sent, allowing you to keep your funds with no time limit on eBay till you do an on-demand partial balance or full payout. I also would like the option to use those payouts in eBay's possession to buy items on eBay. I would also like the option to spend my payouts on other sites or send them to other venues. Any of these would be useful to my business model and situation.

"Paradigm Shift" ...Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...1 Thessalonians chapter 5
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I would like eBay to consider new options to our payouts

@proudpandaproducts wrote:

Request for eBay,

I would like an option to not have any time period on when automatic payments are sent, allowing you to keep your funds with no time limit on eBay till you do an on-demand partial balance or full payout. I also would like the option to use those payouts in eBay's possession to buy items on eBay. I would also like the option to spend my payouts on other sites or send them to other venues. Any of these would be useful to my business model and situation.

Hey, @proudpandaproducts! I'm loving these suggestions. The great news is we're already working on allowing our Sellers to use their payouts to purchase items on the site, so keep an eye out for that to come soon. Currently if funds aren't manually taken within 180 days they are then payed out automatically, but I think this is a great idea to extend this out so will be forwarding both of your suggestions up. 

Elizabeth,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Not going to  happen.

Ebay payouts are handled by Aryden.    There are laws involved and Certifided Payment Processing rules that they must follow.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hi lets see if I can find some links to what they are working on:

Wallet is one: yet dont find much on it:

as for transferring to other locations than your bank account: do not expect that one.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@proudpandaproducts wrote:

Request for eBay,

Hey, @proudpandaproducts! I'm loving these suggestions. The great news is we're already working on allowing our Sellers to use their payouts to purchase items on the site, so keep an eye out for that to come soon. Currently if funds aren't manually taken within 180 days they are then payed out automatically, but I think this is a great idea to extend this out so will be forwarding both of your suggestions up. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

around a month or so ago I kept on hearing about the ebay vault

over and over again I got messages about the new ebay vault

I really thought it had to do with a wallet in MP

@donsdetour 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@1tuna wrote:

@donsdetour 

Not sure: yet it may be the start to funds used to purchase with: eBay really need this part; it has hurt sales due to its in a bank verses in say PayPal..... One thinks twice about the funds in the bank....

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@1tuna wrote:

Yes, the eBay vault is quite a leap -- Jump? how high

But eBay taking a leap has nothing to do with a wallet, either.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@1tuna, @donsdetour the eBay Vault is a program for selling high value collectibles (ie trading cards, autographs, etc).  The seller sends the item in to the eBay Vault.  The Ebay Vault verifies that the item is authentic, and in the condition stated.  When a sale is made, eBay vault ships the item directly to the buyer.  This process would help stop returns for "item not as described" situations.  If a return is approved for whatever reason, the items is then shipped back to the eBay Vault, and they then verify the item being returned is the exact same one as was sent.  This process would help stop scammers from buying a mint condition trading card and then returning a totally different lower quality card.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Thanks, I appreciate the response. I am wanting to ramp up my eBay presence but I have taken a break after almost 15 years of selling on this platform. But I have lots more inventory to list. I have purged selling on other sites and eBay going forward will be my only venue!

"Paradigm Shift" ...Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...1 Thessalonians chapter 5
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I have found credit card processing rules but a simple search shows no rules for payments can you supply more info or links to what you are referencing.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@wes3936 wrote:

@1tuna, @donsdetour the eBay Vault is a program for selling high value collectibles (ie trading cards, autographs, etc).  The seller sends the item in to the eBay Vault.  The Ebay Vault verifies that the item is authentic, and in the condition stated.  When a sale is made, eBay vault ships the item directly to the buyer.  This process would help stop returns for "item not as described" situations.  If a return is approved for whatever reason, the items is then shipped back to the eBay Vault, and they then verify the item being returned is the exact same one as was sent.  This process would help stop scammers from buying a mint condition trading card and then returning a totally different lower quality card.

Yes I know the idea of da vault. Wating to see if it will work or not:

Can not wait to see the posts "I got a fake from the vault": or "ebay is holding the card I purchased with gift cards and have not gotten item yet (scammers).

Time will tell.

As for the wallet is is a good idea if it gets adapted to more use than just the vault.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

What I want if for ebay to immediately send out my payouts to the bank the second that a buyer pays. I do not Ebay keeping my money for a weekend. I do NOT use payouts for printing shipping labels.  When we had paypal,  a buyer paid and I could immediately click and the money would be on it's way to my bank.  That is what I want.   Ebay nor Ayden have the right to keep the money over a weekend.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

The great news is we're already working on allowing our Sellers to use their payouts to purchase items on the site

A lot of sellers have separate buying accounts and don't mingle the two. It doesn't sound like this would work for them.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 13 of 13
latest reply