cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How has Managed Payment affected your selling on eBay?

I am interested to hear from the eBay community.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

It made it a little easier.  No difference in sales totals, just easier paperwork for me, no juggling back and forth from Ebay and Paypal,  and a single payout once a week.  Working fine so far.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@marviolet wrote:

I am interested to hear from the eBay community.

I have been using Managed Payments for over a year now.  It has not affected my selling at all.  I list, buyer pays, and I ship same or next day.  Exactly the same way I was selling on eBay before Managed Payments.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Two years in for me.   Nothing negative in my mind.   Simplified paperwork, simplified the finances.  A recent Managed Payments addition I'm LOVING is taking the fees out at the time of the sale.  I always hated 'paying the bill' at the end of the month.

My sales have steadily increased since MP but I'd rather think that's because of expanding the business, and not something as 'simple' as just changing payment processor. 🙂

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I'm liking it.     Not having the big $$$ amount to pay every month for each account is making life easier.

The delay in getting paid was an adjustment but is no longer a problem.   

I still ship every day.    I don't make my customers wait.    

Sales are good.    MP has no effect on my sales.    

The buyers are still using their paypal accounts just like always.   I don't believe most 

of the buyers are even aware of the switch to MPs nor do they care.    

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I'm a very small seller and I really liked my payments going directly to my PayPal account.  PP is my small slush fund for fun.  Now it seems payments will go into my regular bank account and will be mixed in with my other finances.

Plus, with PP I got paid right away so I could ship right away which I always did.  Also, as soon as someone paid I got an email notice, You've Got Cash!  or something like that.

I had two sales a couple days ago and I haven't seen the money yet but eBay wants me to ship anyway.  So I did.

Bottom line is I would rather have it the "old way".

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

For me it has been a nightmare.

Mismanaged Payments is what this is. Final Value Fees not refunded when I get a deadbeat bidder.  Error messages when I try to refund a buyer whose item arrived broken. Help not available -- Live Chat just says "help is not available right now!" when I try, and the button to "Have us call you!" just says "not available."  Mismanaged Payments is so loaded with glitches and poor design/planning, the customer service staff is overwhelmed with the resulting complaints and pleas for help straightening out the mess. What a TERRIBLE idea to try to roll out this half-baked system, forcing all of us to sign up for it, in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. It's a MESS.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Have you had a deadbeat bidder yet, since being switched to managed payments? I am trying to figure out why my final value fees are not refunded, now that the case is closed (the deadbeat never paid, and I filed a NPB case). 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Have you had a deadbeat bidder yet? If so, were your fees refunded after the NPB case was closed? Final Value Fees are NOT credited, and I can't find out WHY.  The auction winner never paid, so how can eBay keep those fees based on the sales value? I never got any money!

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@sundayvisit wrote:

Have you had a deadbeat bidder yet, since being switched to managed payments? I am trying to figure out why my final value fees are not refunded, now that the case is closed (the deadbeat never paid, and I filed a NPB case). 

No. I only get two or three a year anyway.

You filed AND CLOSED the unpaid item dispute?  If you don't close it, it times out with no strike for the buyer and no FVF credit for the seller.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I have been reading and hearing a lot of what is your experience.  There was a posting of an eBay seller who is leaving after 23 years, and no joke, she did pull her listings.  So sorry it has to be this way. I am thinking of what to do next.  I realize I would have to open a new bank account and that would probably mean paying additional fees, if what I am hearing is that payments take 3-5 business days to show up in your account.  My experience with PayPal over the years were smooth.  I could go to my account and immediately see the payment from the buyer posted to my balance.  A great feeling that I would truly miss.  Why did eBay not allow its members to decide which option they preferred,  instead of  forcing its members to go with the program or leave.  What a shame.  

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I will be done selling on eBay mid January . 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I don’t sell anything else.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Where is the support from eBay after being a valuable member?  I hope they will read your post and assist in getting the problems solved.  They have enough reps doing sending emails that is not beneficial to its member so they can use the to really solve the many problems members are having.  Just wishful thinking.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  I am hoping they will reconsider.  Wishful thinking.  I have no idea where to go next.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply