cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Accepted the $50 Fee Incentive to Join MP and Now Regret It?

Just a couple quick questions for those of you who ate the $50 Carrot to join MP.   

Have you seen a Positive Effect on your Business or Negative?  

Was it worth the $50 bones or has it affected your business in a Negative Fashion?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How Many Accepted the $50 Fee Incentive to Join MP and Now Regret It?

For me it's sideways.     I would have had to sign up at some point anyway.    MPs isn't as horrible as I thought it would be,     The worst part for me is having the money trickle in on somebody else's schedule.   The book keeping is a little different, but it hasn't taken long to get a handle on that.

Sales on both my accounts for September are up 32%   from September 2019

Apparently MPs hasn't affected my sales in a negative fashion.   I honestly believe the buyers don't even see any difference.   

I screamed bloody murder about losing Paypal and having to switch to MPs.     In the end it was a waste of

time and energy to fight it.    

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

why would it affect your sales. buyer have no clue that we have to deal with this **bleep** now. Has it affect my business heck yes. I have had to miss two large sales because my founds are being held for days. Its flat ridiculous that any sales I have on Thursday or Friday will not show up till Tuesday or Wednesday sell something on Saturday or Sunday luck to see it Thursday or Friday. How in the heck eBay thinks a small business can survive with out cash flow is beyond me. Its all about them making more money. I challenge anyone to tell me what policy that eBay has implemented has help sellers.   over 17 years selling and have never seen one that did me any good. Any problem at all they take your money and put it on hold then they sit on it for days. even when they find in your favor you probably have been with out those funds for two weeks and there in no hurry to get it back to you. I just can't understand how you can't have more respect for your sellers. So dam worried about giving buyers everything but with out use seller were would they be. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If ebay would have had a working model illustration of what to expect instead of **bleep** run around rhethoric and vague answers, it would have been helpful, less.  I loved paypal for what it was, a convenient work around solution for all my needs, MP is not that.  I just discovered a good chunk  in the MP account,  about 45 % cent which had cleared for the last 6 days, with my my weekly due payment tomorrow, they drew my $100 plus shipping postage for today's shipping out of the cleared pot, rather than the pending pot which hey had done previously and so now I am at 40  percent cleared and 60 percent uncleared, wondering how much they will clear over night and how much the will float for a whole week. Probably a couple hundred buck , which mean I have no idea what is going on with what is paid for and what is not.  Not to mention I have to carry extra operating slush fund back at a high leveler than I did with pappal with the slow clearing... Also if I buy on ebay, I have to use a CC instead of using pay pal balance.  Which is a  a pain,, so I will buy less and shop River for business supplies etc.   Que sera sera !  Once I figure a new accounting method, or whatever and figure all eBay reports really are telling me, I will be okay. 

They still are billing via invoice for certain fees yet rather than withholding.  Think they are billing for promoted listing  fees and store subscriptions?  Eventually I will get the mess sorted out, meanwhile will make money on my money with MP.   

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

this MP is a learning thing for me. but i am starting to get use to it. i don't like it one bit. but what choice do we have....none..one thing i just earned is shipping an item. do not ship the item until the money clears the account. i have been shipping my orders the next day. but i come to find out that ebay takes that money from your available funds not your pending funds. so basically you never see any money going into your bank because you keep using it to ship out items. this is messed up. but i just figured that out. so now my buyers will be waiting for a few days longer to see their items in the mail because i would like to see some thing go into my bank account. not into ebays bank account. and i am sure my sellers rating will go down and i lose my 10%. but at this point i am starting to wind down from selling any longer. it has become more of a headache then a fun business.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I took the $50 and have never looked back.  My sales are up from a year ago, but I doubt that it has anything to do with MP.  Just the normal ups and downs.

I have two other accounts that haven't been invited yet.  When they are invited, I will hold off until towards the end, in hopes of getting two more $50 bribes.

Have had no problems, or regrets.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I had no choice so I took the the $50 incentive. Sales are up but not because of MP. Buyers don't purchase because of MP, all depends on what you are selling and the price.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I am curious. is ebay takiing any fees like FVC, Store subscriptions etc from the pending payments? My credit card bill is still really high each month from "ebay San Jose, CA" The book keeping for this mess is really difficult. Thanks for any help

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

We made the switch a year ago and I believe it helped us initially. It may be surprising but not everyone has a PayPal, so it broadens your customer base. As for the payout schedule, it may take a few days to get your funds, but it is still quicker then when you would receive it on some of the other e-commerce sites. We have had zero issues with MP. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Your MP payouts will include item price minus the FVF on it.  You can pay for shipping labels from pending payouts (or Paypal).

The rest of the fees are billed on your sellers invoice: listing fees, store subscription, refunds not covered from pending payouts.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Ok Many Thanks for the info

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Am happy with managed payments no issues at all. Have my funds in my Wells Fargo checking account usually the third business day after payment from buyer.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

They gave me a $150 carrot. Ate all of it. Can't see that MP has any affect one way or the other.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply