cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have seller fees gone up with Managed Payments?

So I got my first pay-out. $7.99 received (not counting taxes). Ebay fees were $1.48. So I received $6.51. That is a deduction of 18.5 %.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Have seller fees gone up with Managed Payments?

@luckythewinner wrote:

Here is a comparison of total fees between eBay/PayPal and Managed Payments, at various price points and various sales tax rates: 

fee-0.jpgfee-mid.jpgfee-higher.jpg

Hey Lucky

That's a nice layout.

But FYI

@darrellschweitzer_pa

.....like myself, has businesses that sell in the media categories. So those MP rates for all media sellers (excluding records) are going to be 14.35% regardless of whether or not the seller subscribes to a store.

So the differences in fee changes will be quite a bit higher for media sellers unfortunately, due to the fact that the .55% reduction that MP provides does not overcome the addition of the 14.35% fee assessed on sales tax versus the 2.9% fee that PayPal assess on sales tax.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

I'm thinking the same.  I don't make much of a profit anyhow as I only sell low priced items.  This new EBay process is not good.  I have not seen any money sent to my bank account yet and its been 4 business days.  I will probably leave eBay do to this change.  They used to be such a good company.  What happened. 

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Is there a comparison chart for PayPal micropayments?  Isn't that what we should be looking at for transactions less than $12?

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I have the same question. When eBay first started chatter about MP, they were saying the fees would SAVE sellers money..

But... they don't break down, what the FVF and what the payment processing fee are... So... I really don't think I'm saving money or paying any less fees with MP.

Sellers pay fees. We have a right to know where each and every penny is going. So why not have separate deductions that show what the FVF is and what the processing fee is.... If I'm being charged for something, I ( and every other seller) have a right to know what I (we) are paying for.

Why is that not just plainly stated?

eBay's whole big selling point for MP when they were trying to sucker sellers in for a locked in fee price last spring, was that they will save money on fees...

Soo.... SHOW US.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

wow few hours passed and no attacks by managed payments cheerleaders!

I agree this new payment system is a disaster, many sellers out of Ebay business, sad but greed is winning!

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

I don't see how Ebay can get away with charging sellers a FVF on money that Ebay even admits the sellers do not collect. Ebay straight up states that the sales tax isn't paid to the seller; so how they can charge the seller a fee for money that isn't collected by them? Seems suspect! 

I heavily disagree with Ebay collecting FVF on sales tax. And yes, nearly all sellers will be paying more per listing sold. 

1099.jpg

Message 21 of 21
latest reply