cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with the new managed payment system on eBay!

Just venting...

I'm frustrated with the new managed payment system on eBay!  I sold an item on October 29.  - didn't receive payment immediately like you would with PayPal - but promptly shipped the item to buyer next day. A month later I never received the payment in my bank account although eBay shows I got the "payout" on November 2. Nope, I didn't get anything. Trying to contact someone on eBay to help me with this is zilch, out of luck. Not only have I not received money for the item I sold, I'm also out of pocket on the shipping cost I paid.  

As for other items I've sold I'm not receiving payouts until 3-5 days later. It doesn't seem right to ship out sold items to buyers in a timely manner (within 3 business days) with no payment received until later days. 

I've been selling on eBay since 2000 but now I'm looking into other on-line selling platforms...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Frustrated with the new managed payment system on eBay!

You could always set your handling time to 5 days like some sellers are doing. Wait for the payment to hit your bank then mail the item🤗

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

We're lucky that we don't need payment to ship an item. Can you really not afford to ship or is there another reason for wanting to delay?

If you don't ship fast, you're only hurting yourself. Buyers have come to expect that tracking number soon after they pay. They will forgive a lot of problems if you ship fast. Don't ship fast and they look for problems.

We're not happy with the managed payment system either. But we go the other way. We'd prefer getting paid in one lump at the end of every month to make the tax work easier. These little payment are a nuisance.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No worries...Just ship with pending payments.  Has not been a problem for me.  I have payouts set weekly, Tuesdays, and I receive my payment in my account by Wednesday.  Additionally, I do have a Credit Union and there, as I said, has been no problem.

I hope that you find your way forward.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

G. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Totally agree with you.   I sold items 2 days ago and it says funds transferred today.   Still waiting.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you G.!  I needed to see a reply like this! I'll hang in there.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The speed it takes to hit your bank account depends on how fast your bank processes it. I have mine set to daily payouts. It's always in my bank the next business day. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply