cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI FedEx shipping charges are taken out of Managed Payments account and NOT on monthly bill

Hello everyone! I just got forcefully placed on the eBay Managed Payments system and they withdrew a prior month's FedEx shipping charge from my linked checking account without the decency of being notified until AFTER it happened. The knowledge I have is that FedEx  shipping charges were suppose to be included in the monthly bill. My Managed Payments account balance is zero due to the recent Managed Payments conversion and lack of sales due to election year jitters. I just spent an hour on the phone with two different customer service reps. The first one stated that FedEx shipping charges are placed on the monthly bill. The second one (from the Managed Payments department) stated, after being on several holds for several minutes, that the FedEx shipping charge is automatically deducted from the Managed Payments account. He also stated that eBay is going to eventually eliminate "billing" altogether and immediately take out all selling and shipping fees from the sales proceeds (I suppose eBay's accountants are tabulating all the interest revenue with our seller revenues sitting in their Managed Payments account until the seller sees a dime). If I wanted to hear double talk I'd listen to politicians and the mainstream media. 🙂      

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

FYI FedEx shipping charges are taken out of Managed Payments account and NOT on monthly bill

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

So if you had not had money in your checking account, you would have been hit with NSF charges. I guess the money in your checking account is not yours after all. eBay can grab it anytime they feel like it. Wonder what happens when FedEx gets your package and decides to slap you with surcharges or oversize/weight charges. Like the guy that got hit with the $1000+ FedEx bill the other day.

Oh well, their site, their rules.

I don't use FedEx, but might assume they're billing retroactive to a month your fees were already paid???

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

same **bleep** just happend to me. it says the amount they took has yet to be invoice and has a payment due  minus the amount they took ....

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

in my case i dont owe my monthly bill until the 3oth but they send the bill on the 16th now today the 17th they take out 21.11 shipping from a fedex label i printed and shipped and was received by the 12th. suddenly they owe me money for transactions from the last few days and now they take 21.11 from my pending payouts towards last periods bill . what gives?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

See I'm not getting fed ex taken out of my managed payment instead they are billed to my monthly account. I keep hearing they are taken out of my managed payment but that is not correct. Anyone else having the same thing happen??? Hate ebay not having live operators to answer questions

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Collection of the Owed Amounts may be carried out on a one-time, sporadic, or recurring basis by the following means:

• Retaining such amounts from your current or future disbursements relating to any transactions that you may have;
  • Recouping from your Linked Bank Account (and if required, by issuing a direct debit mandate or other similar authorization);
  • Recouping from any other payment instrument or payment method you may have on file with us or our Affiliates (for example, to pay for seller fees, shipping labels, or dispute resolution);
  • Placing the Owed Amount on any invoice you receive from our Affiliates for eBay Services, as appropriate; and
  • Retaining collections agencies or using other collections methods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You authorize us to choose at our sole discretion the appropriate method of collection among those listed above for the purposes of recouping, drawing, recovering, charging, or deducting any Owed Amounts

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Somehow missing is dragging you in kicking and screaming if you expect to be paid.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extortion.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I had been fighting to get on-board with Managed Payments for months, and honestly, the experience has been pretty smooth and positive to me. However, the management and visibility as to what interactions are taking place on my Managed Payments back-end is not so great.

I've always been aware that shipping charges are taken out of my managed payments balance, because that's visible right there on the page where I make the labels... I also had to change it from PayPal (who I'm trying to get rid of) to eBay pending payments.

However, the problem is that I can't find any reference to FedEx charges being taken from my eBay payments. I can see where USPS labels are being taken (since they're prepaid), but not FedEx (which are postpaid). I've hunted all over the site, and my old-style "eBay seller account" details page has a warning saying not to use that page, and that it'll soon be removed (about time, honestly... it's so decrepit, like 2001). But yet, my transaction history for Managed Payments doesn't include any logs of FedEx shipping charges. Where is it coming from? I'm legit worried I'll eventually be smacked with some "oops we had a systems issue" charge of hundreds of dollars all at once.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I am experiencing this right now. A package I sent with FedEx that cost $35 was delivered on Jan 17, and I just shipped another today for $22 with FedEx. I can't find either of the charges anywhere, and they haven't come from any of my possible payment sources (bank, credit card, PayPal). Did you ever figure out where your FedEx charges went or how/when they are being paid?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I thought I should follow up with the resolution to my question for anyone else who is having the same experience as me. The first FedEx label that I made reference to above did in fact appear in my managed payments transactions today. It's been about 3 weeks since the label would have been scanned for delivery and about 18 days since the package was delivered. So the charge DID appear in managed payments, it just took a little while to do so. This amount has been subtracted from my current earnings, similar to how the ad fees and final value fees are currently being subtracted. It doesn't look like it will be added to my monthly invoice as I originally expected. I imagine my second missing FedEx label charges will also show up in a few weeks in the same manner. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@mod-designs4u 

As I understand it, newly enrolled Managed Payment sellers will have all fees deducted from their pending payouts, or directly drawn from the checking account if there are insufficient funds pending for payout.  However, eBay will also have a new "backup payment" option (or "top-up" option as it is called in the UK), that can be drawn from when a pending payout is lacking, so a credit card can become a backup. This will eliminate overdrafts from a checking account.

Older Managed Payment accounts still have some fees billed monthly, but those sellers will eventually be moved into the pending-payout method described above and their monthly billing will be closed.

For those who care about what source pays for shipping labels, there is some small print at the bottom of the label shipping page that will allow you to change your payment method for labels. So if you don't want those labels coming out of your linked checking, you can designate a credit card instead.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for the info! I finally got the FedEx overcharge credited to my eBay Payout a few weeks ago. My main beef was that eBay didn't notify me before taking the funds out of my checking account for an old unverified  FedEx shipping charge (FedEx had previously billed me under the old system and now they directly take the funds out of the Managed Payments account or backup funding which is fine). I had two different stories from two different eBay customer service reps . What if a FedEx shipping charge is done in human error (such as adding an extra zero or two to the weight, dimensions or price of the shipping cost), a seller has insufficient funds in the Managed Payments account to cover it and one has to pay other bills out of their checking account or backup funding method? My argument is that eBay should notify sellers of an impending FedEx charge (or overcharge) before they take the money out of one's checking account or backup funding.  I realize eBay has been and will be suffering with growing pains per the Managed Payments conversion but the lack of "communication" between eBay and the sellers needs to be improved...after all seller "communication" between our buyers is a feedback "star" category.       

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

For what it's worth FedEx has now been taking their shipping fee from my Managed Payments account about 5 days after the item is delivered. If they would just continue this practice everything would be fine. My original post entailed an erroneous FedEx shipping charge for an item I sold which had a dead link (from a few months back). As I had stated before eBay is not issuing monthly invoices for FedEx shipping charges (at least in my case) but immediately taking the funds out of the Managed Payments account or linked checking account (I suppose a seller can have another backup funding source such as a credit card). If it takes FedEx 18 days to deduct the shipping charge from a seller's Managed Payments account or linked checking account something is wrong with the accounting department at FedEx. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply