cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's new payment system and seller requirements

I totally agree that this new "thing" Ebay is doing is definitely not in the seller's favor. Holding my money from sales will, in the long run, kill my sales. Not directly from the actual sale but I sell for myself and for 25 other people. Not everyone wants to be bothered doing it or even knows how. So, I do it for them. I take a small percentage. When something sells, I subtract my percentage, the Ebay fees and Paypal fees and through Paypal, send my clients the balance. Which usually is 70% of the sale. I'm happy with it and so are my people. Now Ebay wants to withdraw the money from Paypal, send it to my checking account, which will take 2-3 days. Then in order to pay my clients, I have to upload the money again into my Paypal account and send their portion to them to their Paypal accounts. This means my people won't get paid for a week, if that, instead of an immediate to 24 hour payment. If they get disgusted, they'll leave me, not give me items to sell and we all won't make money. Been doing this since 1999. 23 years as of April. I guess I'm done now. Not going to put up with any more of Ebay's stupid changes. It's all done for Ebay and not the sellers. Not the people who actually keeps them in business. 

I have no problem giving my checking account number. Had to do it with Paypal and have to do it with opening credit cards. Understandable. Giving my S.S. number is another thing. Usually have to give it for several reasons, again for credit cards, etc.. But, I draw the line at having to give my photo I.D., I.E. driver's license. I don't care what Ebay says about protecting your information, even big companies, big corporations and banks get hacked. Way bigger than Ebay. So, giving bank information, social security number & driver's license is like giving hackers a buffet of information to do what they want with the information. I'll give the first two but WILL NOT give Ebay or any other of they're branches my photo i.d. or driver's license. I have over 800 items on and usually run that much every month. As soon as I can figure out which entity will be better for me, I will start deleting, transferring and closing my account. 23 years on Ebay most likely means nothing to Ebay and at this point I'M DONE!.

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Ebay's new payment system and seller requirements

EBAY cannot have a rule that they can keep your money if you make a sale and have not entered managed payments.  It is not their money.  They must issue checks to your address via USPS  on at least a quarterly basis.  Most likely monthly.  Since I no longer have a chancing account and they will not accept anything else, I guess I wait for checks. 

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

The original purpose of eBay was to provide a contact forum between a buyer and a seller for a 10 percent fee.  The contract of a sale was between the two parties.  Now EBAY is the effective seller and the paymaster.   Not certain why they did such a stupid thing.  

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

@jerrynet3n24 wrote:

The original purpose of eBay was to provide a contact forum between a buyer and a seller for a 10 percent fee.  The contract of a sale was between the two parties.  Now EBAY is the effective seller and the paymaster.   Not certain why they did such a stupid thing.  

@jerrynet3n24 

As are all the other larger similar site and they have had their programs for years.  While some may not like MP, there isn't anything unusual about it.

Do you know any other company that can hold their pricing for 25 years?  I sure don't.  Even for service vendors.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 33 of 40
latest reply

I started moving my higher priced items off eBay and have found another site to put them on.  I made a sale there in less than an hour!  Fees were less, and so much so that I could charge a lower price and offer free shipping to boot.

I agree with you: it's too much. I've been here since 2006, and this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

eBay will get hacked, surely. The hackers know all this is transpiring and they are waiting, licking their chops.  It's like when everyone was forced into ZOOM during the early days of the pandemic, and it was hacked constantly.

I do not trust eBay to keep me safe, especially since they treat me so poorly with ever-increasing fees and ever-draconian policies.

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

It is absurd, isn't it?

You don't need a photo ID to vote, but you need one to sell on eBay.

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

I don’t care.  What Amazon does.  Or other vendor marketers.  I don’t have time for this nonsense.  I don’t use bank accounts any more.  We do virtual banking which eBay will not accept.  So EBAY owes me $1440.   They won’t pay till I get MP.  After 90 days that will be a FTC violation irrelavent of the EBAY agreement.  

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

@jerrynet3n24 wrote:

I don’t care.  What Amazon does.  Or other vendor marketers.  I don’t have time for this nonsense.  I don’t use bank accounts any more.  We do virtual banking which eBay will not accept.  So EBAY owes me $1440.   They won’t pay till I get MP.  After 90 days that will be a FTC violation irrelavent of the EBAY agreement.  

You are not in Managed Payments.

If you were paid, your funds are in your Pay Pal account.

Have a great day
Message 37 of 40
latest reply

No they sent me a message that I missed the deadline and funds will be held until the payment process is corrected.  

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

@jerrynet3n24 wrote:

I didn't bring up Amazon.

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

@jerrynet3n24 wrote:

No they sent me a message that I missed the deadline and funds will be held until the payment process is corrected.  

Have you checked your PP account?

Message 40 of 40
latest reply