cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay\Papyal took my money but i didnt purchase anything

Hello,i was charged money and im sure it was ebay or paypal because i didnt use this credit card anywhere in USA except these systems,its a newly created bank card. Talked to ebay and they said they didnt take anything,they said they dont recognize such 11 digit ID in payment details. Also in payment details marked as "other" purchase.

Didnt get in touch with paypal yet. Did anyone have similar issues? 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You need to call your bank and file a fraud chargeback.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

So this does not involve either of the two transactions for which you have received FB as a buyer within this past month? 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@gekanukr wrote:

Hello,i was charged money and im sure it was ebay or paypal because i didnt use this credit card anywhere in USA except these systems,its a newly created bank card. Talked to ebay and they said they didnt take anything,they said they dont recognize such 11 digit ID in payment details. Also in payment details marked as "other" purchase.

You received feedback from 2 sellers so there are at least 2 purchases you made this month. 

It looks like you bought a Dell laptop from one seller and some type of processor (or other item) from another seller.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yes i made purchases but not in the morning of 9th of February when i was charged this amount,i didnt make any other purchases that night,i did purchases in the evening of the 9th (or even close to the night of the 10th),and yes there was a purchase that cost me 24$,but i did that purchase maybe 17 hours later in the evening,so how 24$ charge and those later purchases can be connected? I guess they cant.

If talking about previous purchases before the charge on the 8th of February,then there were purchases as well which cost me over 100$,but nothing like 24$. So im really confused where did those 24$ go.

I know its not a big amount but im more affraid not to be charged in future again with bigger amounts,so trying to find out what happened.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Described below. There was 24$ purchase but it was made maybe 20 hours later than i was charged. So i dont think these things are connected somehow.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

So..........................  you made a $24 purchase.

.......................are you seeing two $24 purchase charges ?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Sometimes when making a purchase after banking business hours the charge will show up on another business day. Usually charges on weekends when show up on a Monday.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@gekanukr wrote:

someone can fraudulently use your credit/debit card on other sites even if Ebay is the only placed you use it.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

No,one purchase contained 96$ and 24$ lots  from one seller,so charged me 120$ accordingly. And also charged 24$ separately.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

One purchase contained 96$ and 24$ lots  from same seller,so charged me 120$ accordingly. And also charged 24$ separately.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

How its possible?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@gekanukr wrote:

How its possible?

You could have a keylogger, virus, malware or spyware on your system.

When you enter your card details, scammers could get the information and use it somewhere else.

Have a great day.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply