cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Mastercard by Synchrony is a Disaster and no one can fix it!

Ebay Mastercard has been a huge disaster.  Nothing has worked since I signed up over a year ago.  I have had problems with points getting only 1x instead of 5 and negative balances on Ebay.  That problem has not been fixed since June 2021.  They hold payments for as long as 10 days.  Literally the payment clear my bank 8 days before I got my available credit back.  This has happened on every payment over $100.  Customer service is awful!  No one has the ability to fix a problem.  I have spent over 8 hrs on the phone trying to fix a points problem from June.  I buy and sell a significant amount on Ebay so it is a lot of points.  Otherwise I would not have bothered.  I just can not say enough bad things about Ebay Mastercard.  The rewards would be great if it worked but honestly the hours I put into trying to fix the problem have not been worth it.  Ebay refuses to do anything and will only give a phone number to Synchrony for customer service.  My honest take is that Synchrony is the worst card company I have ever dealt with. Save yourselves the time and money and do not use them.

Thanks,
Postalhistorystore

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay Mastercard by Synchrony is a Disaster and no one can fix it!

I absolutely agree with all your statements. I too have had nothing but problems with the eBay Mastercard. I think the issue with the points is more eBay's problem. Because my Synchrony account shows I have eBay points available, yet when I log into eBay, eBays shows I have 0. (I have other Synchrony cards with other businesses, such as B&H Photo, Banana Republic, etc. and have never had issues like the eBay Mastercard.) That being said, when I call the Synchrony customer service (the number on the back of the card) they have been zero help either. Both eBay and Synchrony just blame the other and say it isn't their problem.  

Here are screen shots of the eBay points showing on my Synchrony account and none showing when I log into eBay. (As proof for anyone who thinks we just don't understand how to use the points.)

ebay 4.jpg

ebay 3.jpg

I'm done using the eBay Mastercard at this point, I would have been better off using another rewards credit card, because I would have at least gotten something in return. 

I have also reached out to eBay in literally everyway possible (Phone, Chat, Twitter) over the past 2 months and have been offered ZERO solutions to the problem. Here is a message exchange I've had with eBay Support on Twitter, over the past few weeks. All they continue to say is "we will have our Tech Team look into it." ...and here we are weeks later. Same issue not resolved.

ebay 5.jpg

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I have had the same issues.  EBay keeps saying they have nothing to do with the eBay MasterCard and can not help.  They just give me the number to Synchrony.  I am having the same problem as you.  eBay shows zero points when I have a large amount available to redeem on Synchrony's sight.  It is just a disaster.  I have received at least 30 form letter responses.  I asked for a call back from specific service reps and they will not do that so each time I call I have to explain it all over again.  I love how Ebay promotes the crap out of this card selling the rewards program yet it does not work and they can not fix it.  Typical eBay!

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

"Customer service is awful!  No one has the ability to fix a problem.  I have spent over 8 hrs on the phone trying to fix a points problem from June.  I buy and sell a significant amount on Ebay so it is a lot of points.  Otherwise I would not have bothered.  I just can not say enough bad things about Ebay Mastercard.  The rewards would be great if it worked but honestly the hours I put into trying to fix the problem have not been worth it.  Ebay refuses to do anything and will only give a phone number to Synchrony for customer service.  My honest take is that Synchrony is the worst card company I have ever dealt with. Save yourselves the time and money and do not use them."  EXACTLY!!!!

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I gave up the eBay Mastercard, and so have a lot of other "power" buyers and sellers on eBay that I've talked to. The points back are great in theory, but clearly eBay wants to make this process as painful as possible. I'd rather get 1% back with another card (immediately at the end of every month), than have to chase down the extra eBay points. 

It is funny too, after I quit using my eBay Mastercard, eBay hasn't sent me any 5% eBay buck promotions since. Which is also hilarious.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Synchrony is the worst bank I have ever dealt with and it has lowered my overall opinion of EBay

Similar issue as yours, I buy alot from EBay and EBay Mastercard gave me a low limit so I have to make payments during the month to keep it under the limit but unlike all my other credit cards, which are within 24 hours, it takes them 7 days to credit a bank transfer which is just crazy.....but it gets worse.

I guess if you pay it down alot in one month and keep running it up to to the credit limit, it throws up flags in their system and they cancelled the account out of the blue without even notifying me. I figured it out when purchases were not going thru and I checked online and it said the account was closed - how is this right, they cancel the account because I pay faster than they want so I can use the credit card more.....and it gets worse

Synchrony is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with - rude reps who I can barely understand telling me my credit score was too low (it's over 800) and then many other excuses (and actual lies as you get further up you find out each one makes up their own story about why it was cancelled) before the final manager tells me there is nothing they can do because I am a high risk......but it gets even worse

In the last month, I accumulated 181k points that show pending (that is equal to ~$1200 on Ebay) but they are telling me that since the account is now closed, those pending points will not transfer to my Ebay account. After screaming at a lifeless customer service manager at Synchrony, there is nothing that can be done....and yes EBay won't do anything either.

I call this fraud and will be getting a lawyer involved because now they (Synchrony and EBay) are just stealing from their customers.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know because I have exhausted all options with Synchrony and EBay, who both really don't care about losing one customer

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

The  Ebay advertisement on the eBay Mastercard application from Synchrony Bank which offered me $30 statement credit after a total purchase amt of $150 within 30 days from approval date is a HOAX!!!!!. I called 1-844-435-0237 and spoke to one of your representatives and I was told otherwise. Your agent suggested that my offer was for a week only, not 30 days. He told me the offer was good for a week where I have to make worth of $150 purchases to get the $30 statement credit. What kind of offer is that when I have not even received the card?  Your company disgusts me and is  utterly  deceitful. Your agent is worthless and undeniably lacks the ability to represent your company. I CANCELED THE CARD. I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH CREDIT CARD COMPANIES LIKE YOU WHO IS DECEITFUL . I reported your company to EBAY about your deceitful practices. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

It's  not enough you made a new post but you had to pull up a zombie thread to complain on as well?

Okey dokey.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@fab_finds4u 

And post an advertisement. 🙄

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Customer service number is painful to call and try to get a live person, mysterious minimum interest charges appear without explanation, and the points system is slow and confusing. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

The worst credit card ever...im tryin to pay my balance and yet they returned my payment because of technical isuues of which they cant fix. An Indian rep was also a disaster for he doesnt know the solution to the problem..when i say i wanna close my account..he just said it's closed already..without any explanation

..Horrible credit card!!!!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

zombie thread

LOL, thanks for the laugh!

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

This exact same thing happened to me. I mean identical scenario!

Something needs to be done. I will do anything to make them pay for this! This is fraud and I feel victimized.

Is there enough of us out there to make our voices heard?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

any solution?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I just closed my ebay mastercard. Absolute garbage. Horrendous. Couldn't use my points for **bleep**.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply