cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged TWICE for my store this month - Always double check your eBay fees!!

I don't make much money on eBay unfortunately, so I always keep a close eye on all fees and transactions. After noticing a weird charge on my account that didn't make sense, because it stated that I got charged for my July and August store fees on the same day, when I have already paid July fees back on 1st of July, I contacted eBay support to check about it.

Well, long story short, the eBay rep told me that (in broken English) "You are being charged twice for the month of August so refunding one of the fees"... "There is a bug going on in the system"..."Even of there was a mismatch and in case of a bug identified it will be returned to you"

In conclusion: ALWAYS double check all your transaction & fees, Because if you don't spot a bug, eBay will not let you know about it, and you will be double charged like I did.

eBay support chateBay support chat

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Charged TWICE for my store this month - Always double check your eBay fees!!

When was your store up for renewal?

Because usually in the month it's due for renewal you're not charged until the following month when it gets charged twice.

This is because until after the renewal date they don't know IF you're going to renew or not.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Charged TWICE for my store this month - Always double check your eBay fees!!

Make sense. But in my case, the renewal month was already long over and paid for.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Well glad you got it fixed.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 4
latest reply