cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers can't pay

Why is ebay not accepting my debit card payment?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyers can't pay

@nh2a3j wrote:

No, that is NOT the case!! I am having the exact same issue and OF COURSE it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to call and tell eBay that (or get ANY help!!!!) and that after I spoke to Chase and they can see they send the money to eBay but then eBay instantly send the money back!! 

P.S. Perhaps you should not give "advise" unless you know that your "advise" is correct information!

The other poster was correct about the original post.

The banks in the OP's country is blocking foreign payments and they can't pay.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It is because your card is being blocked by your bank. Call your bank.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No, that is NOT the case!! I am having the exact same issue and OF COURSE it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to call and tell eBay that (or get ANY help!!!!) and that after I spoke to Chase and they can see they send the money to eBay but then eBay instantly send the money back!! 

P.S. Perhaps you should not give "advise" unless you know that your "advise" is correct information!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Excuse me, but I am not talking to you.

The OP is in Sri Lanka where their  country is in an economic crisis.  They're running out of foreign reserves, and because of this their government has reported that at times some banks there will be limiting foreign transactions. The OP has to call their bank to determine their limits. This has been going on for at least a year. BBC News just a few weeks ago predicted banks there are collapsing or on the brink. They don't  have the reserves to convert payments to USD so they are  limiting payments.

Please do some research.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@baduarambesandya-0 

It's your bank in Sri Lanka that is blocking the payments, contact them.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@nh2a3j wrote:

The other poster was correct about the original post.

The banks in the OP's country is blocking foreign payments and they can't pay.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply